1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy fantasy mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by HannibalBarka, May 12, 2011.

1. HannibalBarka

HannibalBarka We are Free

Hi all
    I am trying to find a fantasy mod for beginner. I played FfH but that is just tooooooo complicated for some one like me who is not really familiar with donjon and dragon things, the number and variety of units, concepts, even promotion is so big and wide that I find myself playing either the traditional way and avoiding all "sorcery" or just randomly.
    Help

2. Humakty

Humakty Happy Goblin

Try Fairy Tale, but it is unfinished and I find it grossly imbalanced in present state. All mechanism are straightforward though, so I think it will suit your taste. Can't say FFH or any of its mods are finished either....

3. Tholal

Tholal Chieftain

That's actually a good way to learn FFH. Don't worry too much about Religion and Magic. Just play and have fun, and as you have questions about various things, look them up in the Civilopedia or in the semi-outdated PDF manual.

There's definitely a learning curve, but it's really not that much more complicated than regular Civ.

4. Annex

Annex Tyranny and Mutation

Ffh II is about as finished as its gonna get, for the most part.

I also suggest just playing FfH, start playing with an easy civ like Hippus or Bannor.

5. unklmnky69

unklmnky69 Chieftain

I recommend Battle of the Gods once I have it done.....:lol: Follow my thread for updates, I'll be releasing an alpha version with all unique human units, civs and leaders within the week. Unique techs, fantasy units, unique wonders, and unique buildings to follow:cool::eek::D

6. Humakty

Humakty Happy Goblin

Pff, In actual state of achievement, FFH will give you what ? 200 hours of play ? If you're easily bored that is... But I wouldn't recommend it to someone looking for a light fantasy mod keeping close to base game rules. Plus Sheaim are quite useless with last ongoing 'bug'.