1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy fixes you can make to improve game play

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by FenrysWulf, Oct 23, 2010.

1. FenrysWulf

FenrysWulf Evil Norse Wolf

The first time I played the game I noticed it seems designed to have little action, for whatever reason. Everything takes too long to do and that was unsatisfying for me. So what I did was edit the XML under assets for buildinginfo and units. I reduced the build cost on everything by about 25 percent. I also reduced the upkeep on everything by at least one and sometimes more. I also edited the luxuries so they provide seven happiness, not five. This makes for a game where you can actually construct buildings and units in a decent time, and you're not just sitting around waiting for something to happen. I do still find that construction is slower than I'd like, so I've also taken to making my own maps with a heavy emphasis on hills and forests. I'd recommend these tips to anyone who has noticed the same problems I have.