1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy Immortal map

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Pinďa, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Pinďa

Pinďa Chieftain

Attached is the easiest map I have ever played. The difficulty is Immortal but I think that even some monarch players should be able to win. So if you want an easy immortal victory then give it a try! All settings are random/default, huts and events are on.

The Leader:

The start:

And why is the map so easy?
    Spoiler :

You are almost unlimited in the early expansion. I had 18 (!!!) good cities before declaring my first war. I had to build the Great Lighthouse and cottages everywhere not to ruin my economy :)
    Spoiler :

Although there are probably better starts for an early victory date (this is not pangea), I was still able to win by domination in 1620 AD. This is my best date!

And if you are wondering why Wilhelm did not expand in my direction, have a look at the peak in the upper right corner of the next immage.
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

2. obsolete

obsolete Deity

What a waste...

3. Wrath_Zt

Wrath_Zt Chieftain

Obsolete, sutile as always...

4. Profanius

Profanius Chieftain

Nice! It's fun to be able to build such a huge empire, but must be boring with no-one to fight early on.

Just goes to show what a big difference starting position can make, while so many "leet" players will tell you that starting position makes no difference whatsoever.

5. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Where are the "leet" players who say this?

Most will tell you that the majority of starts are winnable; I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone who will tell you they don't matter.

6. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Lots of room, but then I got myself hosed by an AI with 15+ nukes. I DoW'd first and burned a lot of them, but they kept coming out of nowhere. Another AI went culture HARD, though nuke + raze stopped it cold.

Won very late space.

7. Pinďa

Pinďa Chieftain

Spoiler :

And why did you wait for nukes? I conquered 4 AIs only with Cavalries. If 18 cities (all with Stables) build Cavalries, you can win wars really easilly.

8. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

I "waited" for nukes because I was trying to go for a lazy space win after getting a really strong position.

And it WAS strong, considering I got hit by double digit nukes and still launched first despite not having SDI when I got nuked.

9. obsolete

obsolete Deity

Knocked out both opponents on my continent with the UU, though I played ******** and forgot to switch into Rep for literally hundreds of years.

Pushed up to win lib race and I have just about all wonders in the book, time to quit now...

Spoiler :

10. nishant1911

nishant1911 *hugs*

^:lol:

295 beaks -60 gold @1200 AD

just....just...just epic

11. fathertuck

fathertuck Warlord

Wow, this map isn't as easy as it looks. I played it this weekend but lost miserably the whole time. I don't know what's the best way to go, early expansion (settle a city to choke Germany), rush Germany, LIB-race or something else?

I actually almost managed to rush Germany once (failed at taking his capital), but I was horribly after the Dutch in science after that. That's one of the biggest problems here, if I don't tech like crazy I lose the LIB-race to Dutch very early on. How Obsolete managed to take out both Germany and Russia AND win the LIB-race remains a mystery to me. Really, that's just insane!

I'm giving it a try again tonight, but feel free to comment if you have some advice to give me. I'm specially interested in knowing if it's better to choke Germany early on or not and if, then where is the best tile to settle (2S1E of the gold near the German border gives you incense later on, so that's where I've been settling).

12. vanillasine

vanillasine Warlord

obsolete, (or anyone), can u please tell me the mods you use to get the extra information showing on your bars? (for example the lower right hand side - your opponents)

13. fathertuck

fathertuck Warlord

It's the BUG-mod. http://civ4bug.sourceforge.net/