1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy Question: Where are the leaderhead dds files located in FFH2?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Hodi, May 31, 2012.

1. Hodi

Hodi Chieftain

I was just trying to tweak one or two of the leaderhead images, but I cannot find the individual leaderhead files in the usual place of the mod file system. Can anyone help me out on where the location currently is?

While I am taking up space on the forum, is there any way to change leaders within a civilization as the game moves on? I had an idea for a mod where you change leaders as time moves on. FFH2 seems like a good fit considering the dds files are singular and do not take up nearly as much space as the original civ leaderhead dds files. Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this.

Possible reasons to bring about a new leader:
    - You adopt a religion that changes your alignment
    - Your civ moves to a new age on the tech tree
    - Your overall approval rating dips below a certain percentage
    - Someone gathers enough spy points to conduct an assassination of your leader.
    - Each civ has their Leader Hero unit, when that unit dies you must select a new one. (The forbidden palace allows you to have two Leader Hero units, the second one built is the second in command until the first in command dies)
    - Age. Time is a fickel b!tch, after 200 hundred turns your leader dies and you must choose a new one.

Choosing the new leader:
    - Based on government civic
    a. Monarchy - same bloodline, same characteristics. Boring, but no turns of anarchy.
    b. Democracy - you get a choice of the two candidates and their attributes.
    c. Military State/Despotism - you choose the new leader and you are given a choice of a few units that will join him. The troops of the leader you rejected then declare war on you.

2. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

I'm afraid I can't help you, but if you do get leader-changing to work, please add a new traitless leader for the Mercurians to handle things while Basium is dead.

3. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

the leaderhead files (along with many other art files) are located in the FPK file in Mods/Fall from Heaven 2/Assets/
    in order to get the files from there you will need some unpacking software like PakBuild
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=136023

4. Azhral

Azhral Let's get Tactical!

As for your mod idea, take a look at The History of Three Kingdoms mod. Not only is it made of pure awesome, but it has a dynamic hero / leader system you may want to investigate.

Link to their subforum