Eat Poop You Cat: 2021

Aiken_Drumn

Deity
Supporter
Well hey there!

Eat Poop You Cat!

A sort of a convoluted variant on the game Telephone. The rules are below.

RULES

1. If you wish to play this game, post your interest in this thread. Each round will have a set number of participants (which can be viewed in the signup list at the bottom of this post), and all persons signing up after our roster is filled will go down as a reserve for the current round. If you are not used as a reserve, do not fret! Unused reserves will have a place reserved for them in next round, but will need to confirm their place. Unconfirmed reserves will be italicized and separated from other players. Once signups start, they have a limited amount of time before their spot becomes available.

2. When we have a full roster, I will shuffle the list and send a caption, via PM (Private Message) to the first person on the list.

3. This person will then draw a picture to represent this caption. You can use any image editing program you like, or you can hand-draw your picture and scan it in, or you could even just copy and paste pictures from Google Image Search - just so long as there are NO WORDS in your pictures (except for simple onomatopoeias like 'grr' and 'vroom', they are allowed).

4. The artist will then send the picture AND NOTHING ELSE to both me and the next person on the list by PM. (To clarify, that means just the picture and not the original caption. Also, try not to give the picture too revealing of a filename: it's much too tempting to cheat. ;))

5. The next person will then think up a caption which describes the picture (although it doesn't have to be a straight description - if it would work in a caption competition, it's welcome here, and funny captions are always good to see. I've bolded this rule because I love to see funny captions!).

6. Then they send their caption AND NOTHING ELSE to both me and the next person on the list, who will need to draw a picture, etc. etc.

7. Basically we just repeat Steps 3-6 for a while.

8. The last person on the list can PM their contribution to just me. I will then put together all the pictures and captions into one post and put it on the public thread for the participants to gaze upon with awe and/or shame.

Nice ruleset, where'd you get it? ;)

I am of course in this if you can get it off the ground - not much traffic comes around these parts nowadays though...

Good to see you back by the way!

Nice ruleset, where'd you get it? ;)

I am of course in this if you can get it off the ground - not much traffic comes around these parts nowadays though...

Good to see you back by the way!

Cribbed from the best! :mischief:

That's brilliant though, we are officially off the ground! Doesn't seem there is much traffic anywhere these days, but we shall just have to see how it goes. If I can reach 5 players I think i'll hit GO just to have something live on here.

Thanks, glad to be back, fun to see that at least some familiar faces are still about.

- not much traffic comes around these parts nowadays though...

Christ you really weren't joking! What happened!? Did everyone just drift away over the years?

Christ you really weren't joking! What happened!? Did everyone just drift away over the years?

Well to be fair there isn't much here to entice people in. Suppose as people get older the prospect of spending time participating in something like 'Sandwich elimination thread 3' becomes less attractive.

As a 36 year old manchild I resent your accusation :deadhorse:

But yeah, it makes sense. Just surprised there wasn't enough new blood with the continued success of Civ. I guess it's forums as a format are a dying breed.

Naturally IN. May have to dust off SFM if this gets going.

But yeah, it makes sense. Just surprised there wasn't enough new blood with the continued success of Civ. I guess it's forums as a format are a dying breed.
Lately we’re sort of in competition with sites like Reddit and other sites that did not exist or were in their infancy during CFC’s zenith.

Top Bottom