ebay shopping frustrations...

mash22

Chieftain
I decided a few weeks a go to get back into Civ IV so I went on ebay and purchased a used version of the game. Of course, the seller had 100% feedback and said that the game comes with everything and it is in good shape. After waiting a week, he sends me the game with disk #1 missing. So, it takes another week to get disk #2.

So, I am all excited that I am going to play this game over the weekend. So, I start the install process and noticed that disk #2 has a scratch on it at the edge of the cd. Disk #1 installs fine but disk #2 stops loading after 95%. I get an error stating "disk redundancy check". So, I went on-line and do some checking and the error is related to the scratch. I try a few things but nothing is working.

So now, I have to start the whole process complaining to this guy and ebay to get my money back. So much for the weekend. :(

Any suggestions…

The official options are to have the e-bayer make good on the order or send the disks to firaxis for replacements (probably $15-$20).

I never use physical disks if i can avoid it. I make backup images and mount the images directly from the hard drive to a virtual cd rom drive. Most games play fine like this, so if you know someone else with the game you might be able to borrow it (make a usable backup) and not worry about your scratched one.

Thanks for the idea. I will have to research that option and learn how to do it since I am not very technical. Is it possible for someone to send me a copy of the data3.cab from disk 2 of civIV 3 cd-rom set?

How much money did you really save? I got my BTS from Amazon, new, for less than $20 a few months ago.

Right. eBay is good for things you can't find anywhere else, but if you can find it new somewhere else you're much better off.

Welcome to the Forums peppe1. :beer:

Top Bottom