Economic Manager Thread

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
Current Rules

1. The economy of the RPG grows with the technologies known in the demogame. There is no effective economy until the discovery of currency. At that point each character will begin earning a default amount of gold based on their caste level. This is a small amount assumed to be the result of their basic living activities.

2. Currency also brings about the advent of shops. These are personal or collective establishments and must be appropriate to the skills and abilities of the proprietor/owner. Each PLAYER will be able to start one shop during the course of the game.

3. Banking technology allows the addition of companies and banks. Companies are large organizations that are owned and run by shareholders. The focus of a company does not have to be based on the skills and abilities of the owners. Banks are lending institutions that may process loans and advances for private and commercial interests.

4. The Corporation technology allows stocks and corporations. Stocks are portions of a company that can be bought and sold as a commodity. Corporations are multi-company organizations that can act in their own right to purchase/sell stocks, companies, corporations, land, etc according to their charters.

5. The Economic Manager has overall authority over the economy and is responsible for approving shops, companies and corporations. He also tracks the amount of gold that each character, company and corporation has and bankrupts a those that cannot cover expenditures.

I intend to start work on drafting my own policies and potential submission for rule changes. I am looking for suggestions. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Shop Rules
First off, salaries will be based on your character's caste. This assumes normal living expenses are included along with income. These are the salaries:

Common: 10
Lower Gentry: 12
Upper Gentry: 14
Noble: 16
High Noble: 18
Royal: 20
Imperial: 22

Second, there is land income. Players will be required to verify commerce ammounts from the Land Office, and the amount of that taken away from by military upkeep.

Third, shops. Due to the normal investment of time, money, etc, the price of opening a shop will be 20% of the gold a player receives as salary. This, of course, will be a one-time fee. Of course, if you have less than 10 gold, you will not be allowed to open a shop.
All shops must have their item lists and prices approved by me. Other than the requirement that shops must stay within the current technology, I will place little more regulation on them. You may hire employees, etc. if you wish.

A tax/restock cost will of 20% will be deducted from all sales.

Lastly, no shops will be allowed to officially open until after the next turn chat, so that I can get all of my offline records straightened out.

What if we before descovering currency earned so so many pelts or so so many inches of spice each turn. When we got curency this could be traded into gold...

First off, salaries will be based on your character's caste. This assumes normal living expenses are included along with income. These are the salaries:

Common: 10
Lower Gentry: 12
Upper Gentry: 14
Noble: 16
High Noble: 18
Royal: 20
Imperial: 22

Second, there is land income. Players will be required to verify commerce ammounts from the Land Office, and the amount of that taken away from by military upkeep.

Third, shops. Due to the normal investment of time, money, etc, the price of opening a shop will be 20% of the gold a player receives as salary. This, of course, will be a one-time fee. Of course, if you have less than 10 gold, you will not be allowed to open a shop.
All shops must have their item lists and prices approved by me. Other than the requirement that shops must stay within the current technology, I will place little more regulation on them. You may hire employees, etc if you wish.

When currency rolls around, new steps will be taken to impleament the new system.

INCOME ANNOUNCEMENT:

lucentio disaamuel lifespanius
(my first character, and yes, i took over the old character, but will post new stats), owns the helenatican land and is royal:

land-verification of income:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1068115#post1068115

this will total to:
276 gold from land
20 gold from title
===> 296 gold per turnchat

EDIT: no troop upkeep, as they are supported by shield and food directly and not by money ;-)

victoria lifespanius
(my 2nd character) does not own land.
she is royal (being married to lucentio) and as such gains 20 gold per turnchat.

Top Bottom