Economic Victory and Economic influence

PJsutnop

Chieftain
Hey, first time on the forum and a huge fan. Literally canät play civ 5 without this mod.

I've always wanted a economic victory as it feels so obvious from a real world standpoint. Money and economic influence is so incredibly powerful, that it's not at all farfetched to think of one country "winning" the game of real civ due to having a huge percentage share of each countries economy. EU4 has this global and regional economic influence system to an extent and I feel that civ 5's economic system is far from what it could be. VP changes this by adding tons of cool new ideas like the monopoly feature and corporations. I feel that using these features it would be possible to add an economic influence system and a victory condition accompany it.

This is my idea. An economic victory would require you to spread your corporations to your own and foreign cities. They would then build up economic influence in that city. Other civs would be able to combat this economic influence (maybe having influence based on type of corporation?) by spreading their own corporations there aswell. Here everything from new buildings, policies and how well developed your corporations are could come into play. I'm thinking a "choose your own bonuses" sort of system, like with religion, for corporations. To win you would need your own corporations to have majority influence in a percentage of foreign cities, or something of that sort.

Now I know that a mod already exists for an economic victory, but I feel it is lackluster and the monopoly and corporations system that vp has could work much better.

Other ideas include the ability to create new unique corporations with great merchants or having great merchants act like great musicians and increase corporation influence in nearby cities (would make them more interesting either way.

Just a thought I've had for a while. I understand if there might be other issues that need fixing before big additions like this is added, but I still think bringing the idea up is healthy

Diplomatic victory is already almost an economic victory
Well using a lot of gold doesn't make it fully economic in my sense. Resources is something that i feel has a greater value when it comes to real economic power in our world. My idea is more based around the corporations systems and resources, tho could would have to be the resource used to progress.
Also in vp it feels as though the power of gold in diplomatic victories has been lowered from the base game. Now the real use for gold is buying votes and buying diplomatic units. That's the thing with gold, it's used for everything pretty much. You need it for all the victories (maybe less in cultural). That's why I never liked the economic victory mod's approach of "have this much gold per turn and this much cash to win" and instead favor a resource, trade and corporation based system.

There's a mod that gives you additional victory conditions, including economic. It exists, though the balance is questionable, so yeah. Go find it in the compatible mods list

This is my idea. An economic victory would require you to spread your corporations to your own and foreign cities. They would then build up economic influence in that city. Other civs would be able to combat this economic influence (maybe having influence based on type of corporation?) by spreading their own corporations there aswell. Here everything from new buildings, policies and how well developed your corporations are could come into play. I'm thinking a "choose your own bonuses" sort of system, like with religion, for corporations. To win you would need your own corporations to have majority influence in a percentage of foreign cities, or something of that sort.

Other ideas include the ability to create new unique corporations with great merchants or having great merchants act like great musicians and increase corporation influence in nearby cities (would make them more interesting either way.
I love the concept and it is easy to do. Except I can't teach the AI about the new concepts without delving into deeper Lua concepts.

I love the concept and it is easy to do. Except I can't teach the AI about the new concepts without delving into deeper Lua concepts.

As long as you use the flavors for grand strategies for the AI they'll have a 'rough' idea of what's up. Problem is that I've trained the AI really, really well to do the four basic victory types, so a 5th will always be a B-tier goal for them.

G

As long as you use the flavors for grand strategies for the AI they'll have a 'rough' idea of what's up. Problem is that I've trained the AI really, really well to do the four basic victory types, so a 5th will always be a B-tier goal for them.

G

And I think the mod is past the point such a big change, we are still trying to finish this baby up!

Top Bottom