Economic Victory

raw_b

Chieftain
I would like to see money play a larger role. You could start off by bartering, then progress to gold, fiat currency and, perhaps, blockchain technology.

Gameplay could implement a federal reserve, IRS, and treasury. Taxation control could impact happiness. Turning up printing presses to create inflation and raise or lower a Fed funds rate. All countries would fight to have a designated reserve currency.

Unpeg the dollar from gold and create a petrodollar by signing an agreement with an oil producing country, which could make resources more valuable in the game, and flood your currency to other central banks, causing inflation in those countries who in turn can buy your treasuries (debt) to offset the flux of incoming currency.

This could be a huge part of the end game, albeit, it might require too much of a learning curve for some players on how the economy works.

Your last sentence is pretty much the reason it is not there in the game. It can make casual players or war players confused/frustated while also raising the game price (due to extra efforts put in).

The difficulty level all depends on how much detail you want to put into it. As for the price increase, Firaxis would have to invest time into learning how specific aspects of economic functions, but it would be no different than adding culture or religion to the game. Research is just the cost of putting out a game. If the price increases, it would be more likely due to inflation.

I have very specific ideas for this how this could be implemented. I'd be willing to consult to Firaxis if they were interested or they can study about the items I mentioned.

Top Bottom