1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Economy Mod

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Valkrionn, Sep 29, 2010.

1. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

is my Idle Process going to be in this version or the next?

2. Necro-

Necro- Chieftain

well, i mean int he game i mentioned it was prince :|

3. engineero

engineero Chieftain

Hi nice work so far, but did you disable the cost of roads ? I think they play a nice part in the vanilla trade route system, why to remove them ?

4. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Yes, and it was done accidentally. I was testing something for another modder, and neglected to remove the code; It will be gone in v2.

5. engineero

engineero Chieftain

When do you think it will be online the v2 ?

6. Valkrionn

Version 2 is now available, both on CfC and the in-game modbrowser. Check the first post for details.

Made an unfortunate discovery after uploading... Apparently, putting out a new version wipes the mod's download and rating stats. Meaning the two stats most easily used to gauge how likely you are to enjoy a mod (more people that like it, more likely you will) are not persistent when a mod upgrades.... Definitely not the best possible implementation there.

7. Opera

Opera Deity

8. ArgentumStudios

ArgentumStudios Warlord

Yeah, I noticed that too. It looks as though they intend(ed) to support 'updates', which I'm assuming wouldn't wipe those stats. Another downside to the way things are currently handled is that users need to seek out the new version, they aren't notified in the mod browser about the new version in any way that I can see.

9. Archwizard

Archwizard Chieftain

• I just d/l v2, and improved a sheep tile and a cattle tile. In each case I got only 1 unit of resource. I'm guessing from the text quoted that this is a bug.

So far liking the mod though :)

Edit: Sorry had another minor thing to report. When you click on the "Choose production" notification bar/giant yellow hammer, you no longer see what you finished when you zoom to the city. I really liked seeing that.

Edit 2: Is it intended that we can now end turns in non-friendly CS territory without them getting mad at us?

This is the only mod I have running atm. Is it compatible with new civ mods in general? There's one with like, 12-15 new civs in it that might be interesting, but I don't want to run it if it'll conflict with this one.

10. teejing

teejing Chieftain

I am just about to play it, just sad you did not compensate for the fact we must play without the "active city defence" mod since you could have just tweaked the def.bonus for wall/castle.

11. Quetz

Quetz The Tallest Lilliputian

Gonna give this a go in a bit; Really like the look of it, except for no ACD, of course.. but you said you're working on that :)

On thing I'm curious about though:

Hunting Lodge - +1 on Forest tiles near the city. Requires Deer.

Just curious what the logic is for more hunting to improve production? Are deer suddenly made of stone? :)

12. Lord Alderaan

Lord Alderaan Chieftain

13. Valkrionn

:lol:

Yeah. I've already told them it's a pretty crappy way to do things, seeing as those ratings are the most convenient way of looking up what mods are good within a rapidly growing modbrowser. We'll see if they do anything about it.

What map are you using? It may be that the resources are hardcoded, in which case I could possibly add a lua script to search for tiles with only one of those resources and update them... Hmm. In any case, I tested on Terra, worked fine on it.

I'll check to see if anything I changed would have done that with production; Only thing I can think is that it was only displayed when the queue was off? In which case, I can try to fix it but promise nothing.

No, very much not intended, and when I end a turn in their territory they get angry at me so I'm not sure how you did that. :lol:

And civ mods SHOULD be compatible. Some, though, alter lua files and mostly are not compatible as a result... An example would be Kael's Iceni civ, though as long as you activate my mod AFTER them it should work fine (Seeing as the majority of the lua in the Iceni mod is incorporated into this, and the civ itself doesn't need any lua to work).

It was something I found out about just before releasing it, so I didn't have time. Like I said, I'll be working on it; Would rather be compatible with his than make my own changes.

It was more of a case of having a useful mechanic that I wanted in game, and looking for a place to stick it, than coming up with a mechanic specifically for deer. :lol:

I have never seen that. Can you get me a save? I'll check it out.

14. Abremms

Abremms Prince

this. please make it compatable if possible, if not please add some defense tweaks along the same lines!

otherwise, v2 looks great!

15. Lord Alderaan

Lord Alderaan Chieftain

http://www.pandemonion.com/dump/warriorpanel.Civ5Save

Of course just your mod loaded.

I am playing Windowed at 2040x1512.

100% reproducible steps for me:
    As long as I haven't build my first city yet the panel is visible for both the initial settler and warrior. However as soon as I build a city with my settler the game switches to the warrior and the panel doesn't pop up. After that it stays gone.

Clicking turns, going into the city or selecting the warrior nothing helps. And it is also missing for newly build warriors/scouts.

I had it back somehow in one of my tests but I can't seem to reproduce that.

16. Valkrionn

I loaded the save, and cannot reproduce that issue at all. My best guess is there is something wrong with your cache, or it is the resolution; I can only run 1024x768 or 1366x768 (Playing on a laptop).

17. isthmus

isthmus Warlord

Are you playing as Alexander? His UA also allows free passage through city states, although it doesn't state that in the description. :)

v2 looks cool! will try it when I finish my persia game, since it's one of the more epic ones I've played so far :king:

18. Valkrionn

Okay people, have a method of making Active City Defense (and any other mod that modifies InGame.xml, in order to add a new lua file) compatible. However, it requires that I modify my own version of InGame.xml to include all of their changes. :lol:

Essentially, I tell the game to load their lua file. If it's not there, you'll get an error in Lua.log notifying you of the lack, but no other issues. If it is there, it loads fine.

There are, however, two issues with this method.
    1. Only those mods which I have specifically allowed compatibility for will function.
    2. Economy Mod must be activated after any mods which require this treatment; IE, Economy Mod must be activated AFTER Active City Defense. This ensures that my copy of InGame.lua is the one that is functioning.

So. I really don't feel like releasing an update for every single mod that must be made compatible in this way, so get me some mod names and I will include them. Want to do this in a large batch if possible. :lol:

19. rikkia

rikkia Chieftain

So long as Your mod works the rest can be sorted later as your mod does more to benefit the game than the others (IMO). However this mod clash lark is a major oversight from as rookie modder perspective. And throws the whole "most moddable civ" into doubt (again IMrookieO).

RE the Unit Info Panel-

Also having same issues,

DX11, 1680x1050, Napoleon...

On launch can see all panels for Settler and Warrior. Found City and Warrior panel disappears.

No full on testing but it looks like, Units close to founding of city lose panel, naval units, garrisons and possibly units built by the city that had a unit near it on founding.

HTH

Rikki

20. Valkrionn

I actually agree. Being able to add lua files as you wish is awesome. Having to modify a file which cannot be modularly edited in order for your file to load, however, is not.

Hell, Rise from Erebus, a civ4 mod, has a better method for modular python!

As for the panel: Lord Alderaan got on #erebus (an IRC I frequent) and ran some more tests. The issue is entirely related to the resolution; And worse, appears to vary from system to system, as for him 1680x1050 works but 1680x1200 does not.

If you could, try seeing if Strategic mode fixes it (can't remember if he had any results with that); Failing that, go into the mod and delete UI/InGame/WorldView/UnitPanel_Small.xml and UI/InGame/WorldView/UnitPanel.lua. The xp bar will transition back to the default method, but it DID work for him. I'm trying to pinpoint why that change would fail on certain resolutions atm.