Economy Mod

I just d/l v2, and improved a sheep tile and a cattle tile. In each case I got only 1 unit of resource. I'm guessing from the text quoted that this is a bug.

I'm having the same problem. Only one unit for each resource improved. From your description this was not intended.
Playing on a large continents map.
Only your mod loaded.

Thanks for quick reply:goodjob:, glad a temp quick fix can be achieved in the form of removing the new xp bar as I plan to play with this mod 24/7 Strat. view every few Mins if it works would still be a bane.

As for bonus resources, I actually like how they are 1 for 1, only thoughts I have would be can they be moved into techs? Plantation House shouldn't be available to build before plantations (although it is greyed out in your defence).

I'm having the same problem. Only one unit for each resource improved. From your description this was not intended.
Only your mod loaded.

Okay, appears that certain maps do not place the correct quantity (hardcoded to only do so for strategic resources? Quite idiotic, that...). I tested and confirmed it for at least Continents.

It does, however, work on Terra. I'll work on adding a lua script to account for all others.

Thanks for quick reply:goodjob:, glad a temp quick fix can be achieved in the form of removing the new xp bar as I plan to play with this mod 24/7 Strat. view every few Mins if it works would still be a bane.

As for bonus resources, I actually like how they are 1 for 1, only thoughts I have would be can they be moved into techs? Plantation House shouldn't be available to build before plantations (although it is greyed out in your defence).

yeah, I'm going to try and figure out what went wrong with the bar. The majority of players will be unaffected, only those with a high resolution that have a problem.

I was tempted for some time to have the bonus resources as 1:2 or 1:3 rather than 2:4, and may still change that based on feedback. First, though, I want to make sure I can place the correct amount on the map. :lol:

And I had them requiring techs at first, but the issue with that is the techs then become crowded with buildings. Seeing as you CAN"T build it until you get plantations anyway (as Bananas require them), I don't really mind it. Of course, I'd prefer if they didn't show in the queue at all unless you had the necessary resources... :p

Okay people, have a method of making Active City Defense (and any other mod that modifies InGame.xml, in order to add a new lua file) compatible. However, it requires that I modify my own version of InGame.xml to include all of their changes. :lol:

Essentially, I tell the game to load their lua file. If it's not there, you'll get an error in Lua.log notifying you of the lack, but no other issues. If it is there, it loads fine.

There are, however, two issues with this method.
  1. Only those mods which I have specifically allowed compatibility for will function.
  2. Economy Mod must be activated after any mods which require this treatment; IE, Economy Mod must be activated AFTER Active City Defense. This ensures that my copy of InGame.lua is the one that is functioning.

So. I really don't feel like releasing an update for every single mod that must be made compatible in this way, so get me some mod names and I will include them. Want to do this in a large batch if possible. :lol:

The way mods work right now is very poor... I hope modding associations and modular interface changes come in a patch soon. At any rate, support for Tech Diffusion would be nice too.

Also, any chance of merging in Puppet City Visibility? If not, why not? I want to be able to play a game with all of my mods for a change... ;)

The way mods work right now is very poor... I hope modding associations and modular interface changes come in a patch soon. At any rate, support for Tech Diffusion would be nice too.

Also, any chance of merging in Puppet City Visibility? If not, why not? I want to be able to play a game with all of my mods for a change... ;)

I'm planning to add support for tech diffusion, yes. Need to look at puppet city to see if it would have to be merged or if it would be compatible (sadly, can near-guarantee it would not be compatible, given the buildqueue changes).

I just can't do any of that here, as I'm at the college until 8pm and they have a firewall up. Can 'download' the files, but they always become corrupted.

The only content left out was the Wealth buff (As I set it to 30% already, I did not want to buff it all the way to 40%) and the change to Ruins which prevents certain units from being able to upgrade for free; While the goal may be desirable, the method of implementation chosen was too heavy handed for me. Prevented those units from EVER upgrading in that manner, even when a perfectly valid option (such as late exploration of a new continent, for example).

I believe it says that in the first post. ;)

I've been messing around with the XP info bug and I can't solve it. It seems to be an unexpected indeterminable result of setting values (both text or tooltip) to custom TextButtons in that panel.

But indeed removing the files Valk mentioned (UnitPanel.lua and UnitPanel_small.xml from UI\InGame\WorldView) solves the issue by restoring the old XP bar.

Damn, I don't think my idle process is in this version... maybe next version?

So I'm playing the new version, and I've see those new buildings but I wish they are hidden until I come across with a resource, like the forge, mint, monastery, and other building's that require a certain material and reveal themselves when your near that material.

Wow, this "littled sideproject" is really picking up steam :D

Some minor questions/requests/remarks:

Didn't you mention to plan to integrate the ForestGrowth mod? It isn't working anymore with v2 :sad:
Dale's Hardwood mod would also fit right in.
The new buildings are fun to play with, but they might need a bit of balancing. We get pretty much duplicates of one half of some Civ's uniqueness (Iroquois, Aztec), very cheap and very early. And the synergies are just brutal (1F/3H/2G would have been a pretty good yield in Civ4 for a non-resource tile, in Civ5 it's just :D, and +35% to base food production is not bad, either)
The bakery is also very strong compared to granary and waterwheel.

Flavouwise it would make sense to require the bonus resources to be in the workable radius of the city where you want to have the corresponding building, it's all bulky/heavy/perishable stuff after all. This will also make pooling of all those nice boni into a few super-cities much more difficult.

I also get only one bonus resource per worked tile, even on a terra map.
On the positive side, no UI issues for me despite running at 1920x1200.

Oh, and one really small but extremely annoying thing: When opening an empty build queue, shift-click will close it immediately, so you need to open it again for actually queing multiple items.

Damn, I don't think my idle process is in this version... maybe next version?

So I'm playing the new version, and I've see those new buildings but I wish they are hidden until I come across with a resource, like the forge, mint, monastery, and other building's that require a certain material and reveal themselves when your near that material.

Decided not to include any new process until I know how the new buildings play out.

And I cannot hide the buildings, unfortunately. I would if I could. Only one that is hidden is the Weaver, and that is only because it requires a resource within range of the city.

Wow, this "littled sideproject" is really picking up steam :D

Some minor questions/requests/remarks:

Didn't you mention to plan to integrate the ForestGrowth mod? It isn't working anymore with v2 :sad:
Dale's Hardwood mod would also fit right in.
The new buildings are fun to play with, but they might need a bit of balancing. We get pretty much duplicates of one half of some Civ's uniqueness (Iroquois, Aztec), very cheap and very early. And the synergies are just brutal (1F/3H/2G would have been a pretty good yield in Civ4 for a non-resource tile, in Civ5 it's just :D, and +35% to base food production is not bad, either)
The bakery is also very strong compared to granary and waterwheel.

Flavouwise it would make sense to require the bonus resources to be in the workable radius of the city where you want to have the corresponding building, it's all bulky/heavy/perishable stuff after all. This will also make pooling of all those nice boni into a few super-cities much more difficult.

I also get only one bonus resource per worked tile, even on a terra map.
On the positive side, no UI issues for me despite running at 1920x1200.

Oh, and one really small but extremely annoying thing: When opening an empty build queue, shift-click will close it immediately, so you need to open it again for actually queing multiple items.

:lol: I suppose.

I'm not planning to integrate it, but I will make it compatible. It modifies InGame.xml, as does ActiveCityDefense and a few other mods... I will make sure all of them are compatible with this one.

I'm quite okay with the synergies, actually. And I had thought about them when implementing it.

And while yes, it would be flavorful to have the resource be required in a city... Then it just doesn't matter how many of them you have. :p I don't really mind that method, but as of now I prefer the Strategic implementation.

I'm planning to write a lua script to fix that. And glad to hear you don't have any UI problems, though a bit annoying... Can't pin the bastard down. :lol:

I'll check out the queue as well.

Ah ha, I didn't read this until after I put it in a game. I was wondering why I lost my building queue - incompatable mods!

BTW
Gonna give this a go in a bit; Really like the look of it, except for no ACD, of course.. but you said you're working on that :)

On thing I'm curious about though:

Hunting Lodge - +1 on Forest tiles near the city. Requires Deer.

Just curious what the logic is for more hunting to improve production? Are deer suddenly made of stone? :)

Deer antlers make great picks/mattocks for use in digging and construction, probably where humans got the idea for such a tool from.

Is that me or the mod disable the interface to order action to unit ? How to make it reappeared ?

V2 looks nice!

My vote for unofficial patch :lol:

I'm a bit leery on the new buildings because it crosses more into a mod then a "patch" but I'll save judgement until I tryit.

Have you tried taking civ4 Icons to makethe new icons? I'd do it but I'm too deep in Nexus issues now.

Decided not to include any new process until I know how the new buildings play out.

And I cannot hide the buildings, unfortunately. I would if I could. Only one that is hidden is the Weaver, and that is only because it requires a resource within range of the city.

:lol: I suppose.

I'm not planning to integrate it, but I will make it compatible. It modifies InGame.xml, as does ActiveCityDefense and a few other mods... I will make sure all of them are compatible with this one.

I'm quite okay with the synergies, actually. And I had thought about them when implementing it.

And while yes, it would be flavorful to have the resource be required in a city... Then it just doesn't matter how many of them you have. :p I don't really mind that method, but as of now I prefer the Strategic implementation.

I'm planning to write a lua script to fix that. And glad to hear you don't have any UI problems, though a bit annoying... Can't pin the bastard down. :lol:

I'll check out the queue as well.

ah crap... I guess we have to wait till somebody develop something that can allow us to hide units and buildings when we can't build them... I don't like the city build menu clogged and unorganized on what I can build and can't build.

What map are you using? It may be that the resources are hardcoded, in which case I could possibly add a lua script to search for tiles with only one of those resources and update them... Hmm. In any case, I tested on Terra, worked fine on it.

I'll check to see if anything I changed would have done that with production; Only thing I can think is that it was only displayed when the queue was off? In which case, I can try to fix it but promise nothing.

No, very much not intended, and when I end a turn in their territory they get angry at me so I'm not sure how you did that. :lol:

And civ mods SHOULD be compatible. Some, though, alter lua files and mostly are not compatible as a result... An example would be Kael's Iceni civ, though as long as you activate my mod AFTER them it should work fine (Seeing as the majority of the lua in the Iceni mod is incorporated into this, and the civ itself doesn't need any lua to work).

Are you playing as Alexander? His UA also allows free passage through city states, although it doesn't state that in the description. :)

I'm playing Warlord/Standard/Standard/Continents/Alexander.

Wanted to take it easy on first run through of this mod.

So the Alexander thing explains the CS thing. I've never played as him before, so hadn't run into this one.

Edit: Oh and re: the production thing, that's quite possible. Because, by default, the queue is off and that message only shows up when the city has nothing at all to build.

Is that me or the mod disable the interface to order action to unit ? How to make it reappeared ?

A few people have that issue; Can be fixed by A) Changing the resolution of the game, or B) Deleting UnitPanel.lua and UnitPanel_small.xml from My Games/Civ5/Mods/Economy Mod/UI/InGame/WorldView.

V2 looks nice!

My vote for unofficial patch :lol:

I'm a bit leery on the new buildings because it crosses more into a mod then a "patch" but I'll save judgement until I tryit.

Have you tried taking civ4 Icons to makethe new icons? I'd do it but I'm too deep in Nexus issues now.

Heh, thanks.

And yeah, the buildings are a bit much really for just a patch... But those resources need SOMETHING, and just flatout boosting yields is both boring as hell to play with and quite possibly OP as well. :lol:

I haven't really had time to look at the icons at all. I've been sick, had a friend down for the weekend so was drinking (while sick... NOT the best idea), and have a Calculus exam on... Wednesday? :lol:

I'm playing Warlord/Standard/Standard/Continents/Alexander.

Wanted to take it easy on first run through of this mod.

So the Alexander thing explains the CS thing. I've never played as him before, so hadn't run into this one.

Edit: Oh and re: the production thing, that's quite possible. Because, by default, the queue is off and that message only shows up when the city has nothing at all to build.

I will definitely check out the queue. And honestly, I wasn't really aware of that about Alexander either. Makes him look much better.... :lol:

Top Bottom