1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Economy Mod

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Valkrionn, Sep 29, 2010.

1. KingArthur666

KingArthur666 Warlord

Just built the "Fish Monger"? I think that's what it's called, the new fish building anyway. It says it boosts food by 20% but my base food was 10 and after applying the building it became 10.4. Now, I'm no mathologist but when I add 20% to 10 I get 12. 10.4 seems more like 4%.

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

If you don't mind, get me a screenshot of the food mouseover?

3. Shambles

Shambles Chieftain

Is there no way to make v2 compatible with v1? I'd rly like to finish my game...with v2 :)

4. Archwizard

Archwizard Chieftain

Hey Valkrionn, it seems the "turn off road maintenance" thing is still in effect in v2.

5. faithkills

faithkills Chieftain

I get no mouseover for tiles at all. I did in v1. Is this a bug in v2?

6. Spendoza

Spendoza Chieftain

lmfao :lol:
    I built one of those improvements in the last Era. Combined with my.. shall we say "horticultural endeavors" it has been very effective in achieving the desired goal of accumulating/saving many :gold: ;)

As for the mod itself: Amazing! I will be integrating most of the UI improvements, but I've gotten used to Thal's Balance mods. The Bonus Resources being treated as Strategic Resources intrigues me. I'm interested how/if the two mods will interact/compliment each other.

7. Valkrionn

Unfortunately, no. :(

Delete v1 before installing v2. The word 'Road' only shows in my project as some text... And I have tested, roads cost maintenance again. :lol:

It takes a few seconds, always has. Otherwise, no idea; I get them everytime.

Thalassicus and I have done many of the same things, to be honest. I'm not sure how the mods would combine.

8. Spendoza

Spendoza Chieftain

@Valk -- as far as balance adjustments its really only the Bonus = Strategic section i'm interested in. not sure if you were aware of my threads regarding food distribution, but i think changing the way bonus resources are treated may in fact be the solution to my issue. Not so much for the bonuses themselves as the way they are distributed.
    i will experiment and report.

9. Archwizard

Archwizard Chieftain

Ahh, okay re: delete v1. Is there a way to do that from the mod menu?

Also, a suggestion: is it possible to have an interface where you can click on a strategic/bonus resource and get a list of everywhere that resource is used? (E.g. a list of towns w/ fishmongers.)

10. Slowpoke

Slowpoke The Mad Modder

Has anyone noticed how this mod makes deity, and only diety really, massively harder? It seems like normally AIs build X units and stay at that limit, but because the tech is so slow and the production so high, that the AI on deity quickly has nothing to build BUT military.

11. Valkrionn

On the installed mods page, select Economy Mod, check it's version number, and if it shows as v1 hit the delete button on the screen.

And I'm not sure about that. Quite possible, but possible to do well? We'll see.

12. Archwizard

Archwizard Chieftain

13. Valkrionn

Thanks for linking that. ;)

First thing I'll do after the patch (after I know about the patch, that is :p) is update to make sure I'm not overwriting any changes.

If you read through that list, you may even see a few changes I've made, or talked about... Example, there's a reason I started with Wealth at 25%. Mostly the fact that it's what Firaxis had planned to increase it to. :lol: Another example would be the Engineer change; Myself and other testers campaigned for that one. None of that list is a large surprise to me. ;)

14. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

so you are prepared for the patch-up your mod as soon as that patch released?

15. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Prince

On the patch notes:

Wow, that's quite a changelog. The auto unit cycling and lack of info in the economic overview were two things that were really hurting my brain. Sweet.

On a different note, I was thinking about the conversation here on what to do with with bonus food resources to make them more meaningful (aside from a yield buff). Set aside for a moment the addition of buildings to generate bonuses based on those resources (which I like). It seems kiilmeplease's Emigration mod might have a useful alternate application here. Why not replace the routine which checks happiness with a simple formula based on the presence of food resources? Emigration would occur if there wasn't enough food variety based on population. This would reintroduce health as a limiting factor on population (distinct from luxuries) and restore the original purpose of said resources.

Seems like all the pieces are there: resource existence checks, population check and a solid mechanism to remove population. Just need a decent equation. Sound plausible?

16. Valkrionn

Yes. Technically, I already have access to some of that patch; My test version is a few versions ahead of the release version.

I'm more excited about being able to sell buildings off. Removes my biggest complaint about buildings costing maintenance. ;)

And that would be plausible, but not really something I'd do. Happiness, you can combat. You can construct new buildings, you can choose to change citizen focus so you lose some pop, etc. Tieing something like that to resources which you can't gain via any method other than expansion (Bonus resources can't be traded!) is something I wouldn't do.

I have plans for health, eventually, but they'll need DLL and are more likely to be in Eden than this mod.

17. Spendoza

Spendoza Chieftain

hey what is the easiest way to figure out which files/sections are associated with which component?

18. Valkrionn

Well, in the case of files in the XML folder they are generally clearly labeled.

For the lua... Probably have to ask. Some of them alter the same files, some alter multiple files in different locations, etc. Lua isn't very modular.

19. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Prince

Missed that about the buildings initially. Also sweet.

Yeah, you're correct that the inability to trade food resources would hamper smaller, non expansionists. I had thought perhaps that could be accounted for in the formula for resource requirements, but it wouldn't be very realistic. Food variety is an individual need rather than population based, so scaling it to account for size would be hard to rationalize. One city = bananas for breakfast, lunch and dinner :sad:

20. Archwizard

Archwizard Chieftain

I have a question about the weaver building. The mouseover says "+2 Culture per turn from Sheep, Dye, Silk, and Cotton nearby." I had interpreted this to mean per tile with one of those resources. However, it seems that it is only per resource type. Was my initial understanding incorrect, or is this not working correctly? I had set up a town near 3 plots of sheep to take advantage of the weaver, but I'm only getting +2 culture per turn instead of the 6 I expected.