1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Economy Mod

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Valkrionn, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Wallabulla

Wallabulla Warlord

From here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=377901

2. DonMarty

DonMarty Chieftain

thx for the tip. I took your idea an put this in my mod :
    Code:
    UPDATE Technologies SET cost = cost*0.5 Where Era="ERA_ANCIENT";
    UPDATE Technologies SET cost = cost*2.0 Where Era="ERA_MEDIEVAL";
    UPDATE Technologies SET cost = cost*6.0 Where Era="ERA_RENAISSANCE";
    UPDATE Technologies SET cost = cost*8.0 Where Era="ERA_INDUSTRIAL";
    UPDATE Technologies SET cost = cost*10.0 Where Era="ERA_MODERN";
    UPDATE Technologies SET cost = cost*12.0 Where Era="ERA_FUTURE";

3. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Heh. Overall, I think it's worth it as well. :lol:

Unfortunately, that is not currently possible IIRC.

Yep, v3 if possible.

And RifE (Rise from Erebus) is a Fall from Heaven 2 modmod. New civilizations, improved civilizations, new mechanics. I'm head of the team, but far from the only one working on it.

That's similar to what I plan to do, but far more extreme. :p

Any reason you halved the ancient tech cost? Seems a bit... Out of step, with your other changes. That era goes by faster, while all the others are slower.

4. Illyena

Illyena Chieftain

I did not realize that it took 3 seconds, so I was able to fix that, thanks much :)
    What I still can't manage to fix is that in vanilla civ 5 an abbreviated tile information panel (what type of terrain it is and what yields are currently there) appears right above the end turn button, but in your mod it does not. Is that intentional? and if not where would you suggest I go look at to fix it?

5. Spendoza

Spendoza Chieftain

cool. I'm workin on mashing it into v2 atm, if I make it work I'll post it, may save you some time.

re: RifE -- holy man that is epic. EPIC! a whole new game why not ;)

edit: I did it! oh ho ho.
    i made it stand-alone building/resource changes

Attached Files:

6. Valkrionn

That was an intentional removal by Csebal, author of the new plotmouseover. Best bet is to ask him how to reenable it, as I'm not sure without digging through the code. His thread is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=386832

I'll check out your changes, makes it easier on me. ;)

And yes, Rise from Erebus is essentially a completely different game from Civ4. However, without Fall from Heaven it wouldn't exist. :crazyeye:

We (the RifE team) are going to take much of what we learned working on RifE and apply it to Eden once we get DLL access; The setting is different, the gameplay and mechanics are vastly different, but some of the lessons we've learned are universal. Such as KISS (Keep it simple, stupid). :lol:

7. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

Do you have a thread for planning of Eden? I'd be interested to know more about it, and derailing this thread is probably not the best idea..

I might even be persuaded to do some artwork if it's possible...

8. Puer

Puer Warlord

Spendoza, what exactly your mod BonusResourceBuildings (v 1) does & is it compatible Economy Mod .v2?

9. Valkrionn

We do... Within the Tester forums, as everyone who is or was planning to work on it is a tester. Hell, we have our own forum there. :lol:

I'll send you an overview of it, we will most definitely need an artist, as we haven't heard from SeZereth in a while. ;)

It is simply the new buildings from Economy Mod and the icons that he made, without the other changes made by Economy Mod.

10. Spendoza

Spendoza Chieftain

i made it to test the code and it worked so i posted it.
    its a stand-alone version of the bonus resource/building system.
    Valk's gonna put it in v3 but i couldn't wait.
    it will conflict with BonusBuildings.xml, but other than that its all new/unmodified stuff

11. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry Chieftain

Great work! Exactly what I've been looking for. :goodjob:

One question though, if it turns out I want to tweak the pacing of the tech to make it even slower in this mod, can I do it by modifying the TechCosts.sql file from;

UPDATE Technologies SET 'Cost' = cost*1.5 WHERE Cost > 0;

to

UPDATE Technologies SET 'Cost' = cost*2.0 WHERE Cost > 0;

?

Same with the units and buildings productions files.

12. six blade knife

six blade knife Chieftain

hey people !

I don't know if it is important or if someone already said that : I'm using your economy mod and RED modpack too and it perfectly work together =)

anyway keep up the good work Valkrionn :goodjob:

13. Novem

Novem Chieftain

Val, you have ruined me!! RUINED ME I tell you!! :cry:

I'm an achievement junkie. When I play WoW I want to get achievements. When I play TF2 I want achievements. When I play CIV5 I want achievements!! But your mod is sooooooo awesome, I can't play without it. I've tried, and I keep trying but it's like a whole different game trying to play without your mod.

:(

p.s. keep up the great work, it really is an awesome mod. :goodjob:

14. Valkrionn

:goodjob:

Should be fine, yes. ;)

Yep. RED just modifies unitart, so there are no conflicts whatsoever (though there ARE conflicts between RED and the Iceni civ, due to his 'Single Large Units' addition; Activate RED after Iceni to avoid that)

I've been getting achievements while playing with a mod.... :p

15. Novem

Novem Chieftain

Have you? really? I only got the ones for using a mod, rating a mod but I've won games which should have given me achievements and I didn't get them :(

Maybe it's just bug.....sigh.

edit: Yeah I doubled checked on the Steam forums, you can only get the achievements that relate to using mods. All other achievements are disabled if you are using mods, for good reason.

O well, I just have to struggle through not using the mod if I want the achievements then.

16. Valkrionn

Hmm. That's definitely odd then, given that all of my steam achievements come from playing within a modded game. :lol:

Possibly was an initial 'bug' that was fixed?

17. Puer

Puer Warlord

So there is now "Compatibility - InGame.xml" mod
    Spoiler :
    This is a compatibility mod. There can be only one InGame.xml file, so changes it to it in various mods must be merged. This mod is simply a convienient way to do so and points out the issue if you might be unaware of it. Move any changes to InGame.xml from other mods into the merged file contained in this mod, and delete the InGame.xml file from other mods. As examples, some mods which include InGame.xml are:

ActiveCityDefense
    Economy Mod
    Emigration
    Revolutions
    TechDiffusion
    TreeGrowth

Can this mod save us all? :)

18. Valkrionn

Quite possible, as it's exactly what I intend to do in v3. ;)

19. aguds

aguds Warlord

Great mod! But I managed to screw up a bit:

I had the 1.0 of this mod, and deleted it before I downloaded 2.0.
    When I installed that, I thought I would clean up my mod-browser and delete a bunch of things I didn't need anymore. But I managed to delete 2.0 also.

Now it sat in my download list as 'complete', but wasn't in the browser. There was no 'install' button either. So I restart the game, and it let's me download 2.0 again.

But after I have, there is still no option to 'install' in the browser and it's not in the list.
    Suggestions?

20. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry Chieftain

A quick question....

The unit orders window has disappeared from the bottom left of the screen. The area where you order to fortify, skip turn, sleep etc.

Is this intentional? If so, how do I issue orders? Am I meant to use the keyboard shortcuts? I don't remember them all and it is a pain to do so. Is this a bug I am experiencing?

I only noticed because I wanted one of my warriors in the early game to sleep. and there was no UI to do so.