Economy Mod

I am having issues with military units not showing list of actions or upgrades UI in the bottom left. There is a work-around to select a worker first, but early in the game i cant find a way to get that UI back to do the unit upgrades.

Please help!

PS using v4 on Win7_64 DX11

Well, Eden isn't just my work. I'm not even technically in charge; Grey Fox is running this one. I ran RifE, I'm rather happy not having to tell people what ideas work and what don't. Can focus on just arguing for the ones I like. :lol:

Other teammembers are Xienwolf, Opera, and Warkirby; Anyone familiar with Fall Further and Rise from Erebus should know them.

That sounds like an awesome team. I recognize all those names. I played Civ4 Mods by all of them, I think. I can't wait until you get something awesome put together for me to play with. I'm already pretty bored with vanilla CiV.

Dar25, it's an issue with screen resolution. I believe I have found the problem; For now, go to My Games/Civilization 5/Mods/Economy Mod/UI/InGame/WorldView and delete UnitPanel.lua and UnitPanel_small.xml.

KingArthur, it's going to be a while. We absolutely need to use the DLL to do what we want, and won't get that for a while.

Deleted the cache folder, world factbook page is still blank.

It seems that your mod doesn't include InfoAddictFactBook.lua and InfoAddictFactBook.xml. Tried to add them myself from the InfoAddict mod, but didn't work.

Bonus resources working like Strategic resources is gold, well done Valkrionn. :D

Your implementation isn't quite working like you intend however...

As far as I can figure, the <Resource_QuantityTypes> tags that you're adding for the bonus resources do nothing at all(?).
Resource quantities are instead defined in AssignStartingPlots.lua and modding bonus resources to have quantity types will likely be a bit more work.

I've tested your new buildings, specifically the ones that 'consume' bonus resources and can happily confirm that the game treats them as providing 1 of their resource (rather than the intended 2 or 4). So they can still be consumed at least. :)

My personal preference would be for them to provide 1 per tile anyway, as it makes the buildings that consume them a little more special and brings a bit more management into play. I play with severely limited strategic resources too though (most strategic resources providing 1 or 2 only), for the same reason... ;)

I am having issues with military units not showing list of actions or upgrades UI in the bottom left. There is a work-around to select a worker first, but early in the game i cant find a way to get that UI back to do the unit upgrades.

Please help!

PS using v4 on Win7_64 DX11

That aswell... and it is impossible to set production!

Deleted the cache folder, world factbook page is still blank.

It seems that your mod doesn't include InfoAddictFactBook.lua and InfoAddictFactBook.xml. Tried to add them myself from the InfoAddict mod, but didn't work.

Didn't quite have time to test that, looks like it wasn't fully merged. I'll fix it.

Bonus resources working like Strategic resources is gold, well done Valkrionn. :D

Your implementation isn't quite working like you intend however...

As far as I can figure, the <Resource_QuantityTypes> tags that you're adding for the bonus resources do nothing at all(?).
Resource quantities are instead defined in AssignStartingPlots.lua and modding bonus resources to have quantity types will likely be a bit more work.

I've tested your new buildings, specifically the ones that 'consume' bonus resources and can happily confirm that the game treats them as providing 1 of their resource (rather than the intended 2 or 4). So they can still be consumed at least. :)

My personal preference would be for them to provide 1 per tile anyway, as it makes the buildings that consume them a little more special and brings a bit more management into play. I play with severely limited strategic resources too though (most strategic resources providing 1 or 2 only), for the same reason... ;)

The problem is the StartingPlots file, yes. Some maps work with it (Terra, for example, which I tested on and thus did not catch the problem); I may write a lua script to place extra, or I may just leave it at one per tile.

That aswell... and it is impossible to set production!

If you have issues with production, make sure you are A) Using the latest Civ5 patch, and B) Delete your cache. I've said this already.

Love your mod, it fixes a lot of issues I had with civ V gameplay.

I have a little bug though or whatever you want to call it :) In the top info bar my luxuries string is written over number of turn string which looks kind of silly, maybe it is because of my resolution 1280/800. Anyway just wanted to make you aware of the issue.

Luxuries string? There is no luxuries string on the top bar.

@DonMarty - I could. But then you just have buildingspam on techs, AND in the city screen, so I opted against it.

There is in mine (haven't played v4 yet). And yes, it is right over the turn counter.

It lets you mouseover to get a dropdown display of all luxuries you own.

there seems to be an issue regarding tile tooltip introduced by patch 0.62.
in main game the tooltip pops up in a fixed black layer right upon the minimap.
but the mod seems to delete it. please bring it back!

Just adding that I have trouble with unit panel. Clearing the cahche worked for a few turns. Then vanished again. Going back to vanilla. Durnnit !
Edit. I did not have this problem with XP home. It's only since I upgraded to 7 that the unit/ production stuff disappeared.

I play on quick speed most of the time.

Question: Is this Mod designed for a certain speed setting?

Quick speed??! You heathen!

:p

This mod can be used for any speed, but judging from my play throughs it is best used on Epic or Marathon. Because its make you build units and buildings faster, Quick would be...well really quick.

Great idea Valkrionn. Such an adjustment about techs was necessary.

However, I was unable to run the mod. Settling (founding a city) icon (also other icons about units) have not appread in my game. Tried with or without other 2 mods (TSL & YAHEM) enabled.

When I disabled the economy mod, problem solved.

Looking forward to play in the economy mod.

BTW. I also had another strrrrange prob only with economy mod (Win7 DX10/11). My mouse wheel packed up. Worked fine with other mods. Can manage without the mwheel but the lack of unit info panel is a killer. Will await update. Really missing EcoMod.

Top Bottom