1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Economy Mod

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Valkrionn, Sep 29, 2010.

1. lietkynes

lietkynes Hello sword !

If you enable tech-diffusion mod, InfoAddict mod will not work

2. Pilotis

Pilotis Prince

3. KorJax

KorJax Chieftain

Yep, which is why install order matters for mods for some reason, even though they use seperate mod folders and you might have them disabled.

Installing v4 then v1 borks the game and makes it so a lot of the features in v4 for example will simply not work at all.

Installing v5 (even if you don't use it and keep using v4) will cause save games that used an older version to crash when loading.

Very annoying and there's no real way to get over it except to delete and manually install everything one-by-one.

4. cangussu

cangussu Chieftain

Hi, i installed your mod, and everytime i go to play my unit display is gone. I can't even start playing because i can't tell my settler to build a city. This is the only mod i have. Any ideas?

Thanks

5. Perkus

Perkus Prince

6. Gre_Magus

Gre_Magus Manet

Valkrionn - I like your bonus resources as strategic resources idea, it's very similar to something I've wanted to try. One question, though - how can you get the quantity of the bonus resources to display in the top of the UI and under the "Economy" info tab?

7. Roberth1

Roberth1 Chieftain

Hi
    I down loaded the latest version of this mod just today after a long battle to get the BITS system working (see my posts in the technical section).
    I enabled the mod and started a new game, removing all previous saved games.
    I assume the mod loaded correctly as I could see the clock on the bar at the top right of the screen and later on got access to building weavers and/or leather workers.

Saved the game
    Now when I load the save game the game has gone back to vanilla
    and if I try to start a new game the mod does not load, which I deduce by not seeing the clock at top right.

Any ideas had this been reported before

I should have stated that the economy mod is the only mod down loaded and enabled
    Thanks
    Robert

8. Roberth1

Roberth1 Chieftain

Further to my erlier post have now done some testing and noted that to bet the mod to load with a new game when I already have a saved game in the list with the mod working; what I need to do before starting a new game is go to the mods folder (on the in game menu) "disable" the mod by clicking on the button and then "enable " the mod getting the green arrow.

Then I start a new game and the mod loads.
    Is this normal, seems a bit weird to me I thought that when the mod had ben enabled "once" and the green arrow was showing it would just load every time you started a game

Robert

9. Perkus

Perkus Prince

@Roberth1:
    Definitely not normal, you should never have to re-enable a mod after you do it once. Do you have more than one version of this installed by any chance? Hard to believe such major issues with only a single mod installed. I have around 40 in various states of enabled and disabled and get by ok most of the time.

10. Lord Alderaan

Lord Alderaan Chieftain

Civ V will still mess it up. Probably has to do with both mods having the same unique identifier even if they have different version numbers.

I had an issue with that: [HELP]UnitArtInfo ignored

11. Roberth1

Roberth1 Chieftain

Hi Perkus
    Thanks for replying
    I have done some checks looking in my docs/my games all the folders for the economy mod are shown in the mods folders.
    I had got mixed up about the saved games, as I started a number of games to check if the mod was loading and did not always realize it was not loading until I sussed looking for the clock on the top right of the screen.
    If I open a saved game which had hte mod correctly loaded then the game loads correctly with the mod started.
    However to get a new game to load with the mod i first have to go to the mods folder ( in game) "disable" the mod and then immeadiatly "enable" the mod.
    If as per previosu post I do not do this the game will load without the mod being started.
    It is as though whatever command is needed to load the mod is only activated with me when the button is initially "enabled". Even if I keep the game open close a game and go back to the main menu to start a game it will not load the mod the second time.
    I have tried starting a game from various posiitions in the main menu, i.e. single player/load and set up/load and the result is always the same

Only the latest version is installed down loaded on Sunday
    In my mods folder I have Mongols which is not enabled and Economy mod enabled only

Robert

12. Perkus

Perkus Prince

@Roberth1:
    What you describe is very strange. Economy Mod is marked with the "AffectsSaves" flag. That means it should actually be loading even if you try to disable it, in my experience, as long as it can find the mod files still on the drive. That said, I'm not an active user of this mod, just a curious onlooker. Maybe somebody else has seen something similar and can help. You can try the Bugs forum.

13. inort123

inort123 Chieftain

Valkrion unit hud doenst show up and when i click choose Production nothing happens why and i cant see anything when i am insinde of the city the menus doenst work .

14. inort123

inort123 Chieftain

My Version is 1.0.0.20

15. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Economy Mod requires 1.0.0.621. It is completely and totally incompatible with the initial release version.

Patch your game.

16. Perkus

Perkus Prince

@inort123:
    More than likely, that's your problem. Why are you not at .621? (sorry, cross-posted with V.)

17. inort123

inort123 Chieftain

i run steam online and it fixed up ! thanks !
    i was running steam offiline i hate to wait that load.

18. redstu5179

redstu5179 Chieftain

I have the same problem. Does anyone have an answer?

19. Lord Alderaan

Lord Alderaan Chieftain

It's a mapscript issue, on most map scripts the resources only provide 1 of each. iirc Valkrionn is working on making more mapscripts compatible.

20. Pilotis

Pilotis Prince

Not really EconoMod issue but since I only EVER play with the mod on I thought I'd report here. Montezuma is being trashed by Genghis so I offered to 'declare war' on Genghis as a gift to Monte and he booed me as it was an 'unacceptable' deal. What a jerk ! Seems like the AI diplomacy ain't really that sophisticated... Ho hum.