1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Economy Mod

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Valkrionn, Sep 29, 2010.

1. SCA

SCA Chieftain

Running only your mod, it seems that with today's patches the entire lower-left corner menu is gone from settlers and alike. In military units it seems botched in a variety of ways.
    Any chance for a hotfix? If I could find another mod that had your +50% science -20% production I'd likely not think it a big deal, but it just so happens I find all the other mods horribly inferior to yours.

Pretty pleeeease?

2. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Prince

Presuming the patch changes none of those elements in other ways, I believe you could just use the SQL folder from v5 and delete the other folders (art, ui, xml). Just an assumption at this point.

3. Gwydion62

Gwydion62 Warlord

Hi,
    I love your mod, but after the patch it is switching of the unit menu in the left lower corner...
    any idea? (I switched off every mod and found out that your mode is doing that...)

regards
    ron

4. kaltorak

kaltorak Emperor

What Gwydion62 says.

I tried to play civ without your mod, and it was like patching it backwards :/

5. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

It's been broken by the patch. I will try to find time to get an update out, but my priority as of now is RifE.

6. kaltorak

kaltorak Emperor

Are all the tools for modding already out? Weren't you going to work on something called eden?
    Rife looks cool

have been away some time from civ waiting for the patch, so I'm a bit uninformed :p

7. Valkrionn

Eden requires C++ access, which is not out yet, unfortunately.

8. s5thijs

s5thijs Chieftain

Hi Valkrionn,

I seem to have the same problem as Gwydion62. Surprises me that there aren't more people with this problem! I hope you can fix it soon, 'cause I loved playing your mod in the recent past!

Hope you make an update soon! :)

9. SCA

SCA Chieftain

Removing all folders but the SQL folder did the trick. The complications (if they aren't features with the new patch (not leaving city screen after selecting new building; missing "purchase" text from purchase window)) don't amount to any nuisance.

10. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Prince

Playing through now with the SQL adjustments as well as BonusBuildings.xml and UpgradedBonusResources.xml. All seems well. They really need to consider doing something substantial with food resources as early game settling is so incredibly bland without either Valk's or Thal's building additions. Maybe it's just me having trouble readjusting my thinking after so many games with either mod, but... bleh:sad:

11. SCA

SCA Chieftain

Oh, bollocks, I knew something was missing...

12. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Prince

There's also the adjustments for wealth, engineers, trading posts, workshop improvement and the units and promotions stuff. Leaving that out for my current game. The only thing in globals is the flat terrain nerf which is now redundant.

13. SCA

SCA Chieftain

And of course it's turn 453 by the time I'm made aware. :c5unhappy:

14. Valkrionn

The adjustments to Engineers is redundant (forgot to remove it after the last patch), and the flat terrain nerf was purposefully set to what they were going to use in the patch. :goodjob:

15. kaltorak

kaltorak Emperor

After giving up the unmoded game because itbored me, I was exxperimenting with the files to see if I could make this mod work.

I think I managed it. In this route:
    Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Economy Mod (v 5)\UI\InGame\WorldView

I deleted the 3 files that have "unit" in their name

Left everything else untouched and it seems to work. (not infoaddict ofc)

16. kaltorak

kaltorak Emperor

no, wait, even infoaddict works... hadn't checked bc it didnt work before and now I only removed those files which have nothing to do.

well, no idea why, but even economy mod's infoaddict is working with the patch xD

17. Valkrionn

It won't be able to load correctly between loads. It will work within the game.

18. kaltorak

kaltorak Emperor

Also had to delete de folder DiploHeads in the UI/InGame folder, because the new diplo options were not working

19. kaltorak

kaltorak Emperor

You mean load game wont work? I already tried that and didnt have any problem. Well historic data of infoaddict shows "no data", but world factbook and relations work

20. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Prince

He means it won't be able to store it's data properly when you save the game. Robk is working on an update.

FYI while folks are waiting for updates to the UI components, Attila's UI mod is working (v12) and Improved Demographics (v3) is a nice supplement to Info Addict, though obviously without all the fancy schmanciness :)

All is well so far with stripped down Economy mod and new patch. Noticing AI players teching a tad fast, perhaps. Playing Perfectworld3, huge, emporer, marathon, 12AI 16CS. Lots of room and I see the AI more often settling apart from it's start position to grab resources. The friendship blocs also seem to at least delay border wars. Interesting game, definitely feels different.