Ecuador grants Assange asylum: hilarity ensues

woody60707

Deity
Ecuador's foreign minister announced on Thursday that the country would grant asylum to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, defying threats by the British government to storm the Ecuadorean Embassy and extradite Assange to Sweden, where he is wanted for questioning in cases of alleged rape and sexual molestation.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/assange-ecuador-asylum-u-k-123726223.html
Look, hes just going to be question by the police, it's all we wanted. Not sure why he his standing his ground on this.

American, you may not know this, BUT HOOOO THEY GOT YOU! Looking at the commnets on that page, i'm just going to believe everyone is a troll.

I can't blame Ecuador for this, I don't see Assange living a month of the US government gets a hold of him.

How can Assange stay in a embassy? I mean does he have to get an Ecuadorian staff to get his chicken nuggets? (Eh Rugbyleageufan?:D) So he is indoors all day? He is making himself a prisoner!

How can Assange stay in a embassy? I mean does he have to get an Ecuadorian staff to get his chicken nuggets? (Eh Rugbyleageufan?:D) So he is indoors all day? He is making himself a prisoner!

As opposed to becoming an actual prisoner...

Going to be mighty difficult for Assange to break out of that embassy.

Really, you think this women is lying about rape?

Really, you think this women is lying about rape?

Nah, it's not that. It's that multiple international governments would be ready to start a war to extradite a guy... simply because he's wanted for assault. Really? You don't think there's ANY ulterior motives there?

Nah, it's not that. It's that multiple international governments would be ready to start a war to extradite a guy... simply because he's wanted for assault. Really? You don't think there's ANY ulterior motives there?

There are other motives, but he's still a rapist. That's a great pretext to nab him.

Actually,

In the name of honesty, Assange has never been convicted of any crime. The UK High Court only moved to extradite him from Blighty to Sweden.

Actually,

In the name of honesty, Assange has never been convicted of any crime. The UK High Court only moved to extradite him from Blighty to Sweden.

True story. He should stop running from justice if he didn't do it.

don't know, but considering at 16 he was a computer hacker and his life's ambition seems to be living on the net... has he not got his lifes dream... living in a room playing on his computer and a foreign government brings in your snacks...

even his suporters who put him up in London have commented on his lack of hygine and that he is not the ideal house guest... so i don't see him having a problem with with being stuck in his bedroom 24/7...

classic case of carefull what you wish for.... :D

Keep telling yourself that.

Uhm. That does happen to be the fact of the matter. Seriously, stop looking for conspiracy when there isnt any. I mean its Sweden doing that for God's sake, not the CIA.

Because I want to be fair, I'm more than willing to look at any evidence anyone has that the USA is behind this whole thing. I might even change my mind about it.

So then I'll just be here, waiting for evidence...

Top Bottom