1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Edge scroll bug

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ptoss1, Oct 20, 2016.

1. ptoss1

ptoss1 King

The top bar is the border for the edge scroll, not the actual top of the screen, which is awful for selecting and looking at tooltip icons. How do I fix this bug?

2. fmm

fmm Warlord

You can disable edge scroll in the game options.

3. TruthfulCake

TruthfulCake Prince

It's not so much a bug as it is a poorly implemented attempt to avoid scrolling while hovering over UI elements. I would personally just allow scrolling at the extreme edges of the screen, even when some UI elements are present, since no important clickable UI should be sitting at the very edge anyway.

4. skyclad

skyclad Prince

Seriously every civ game i played before* you push the edge of the screen and it moves. Did anyone have a problem with this? Why change?

*except when chosing pantheon belief in civ 5 and scrolling left.

5. ptoss1

ptoss1 King

No never had a problem. This seems like a really bizarre change and makes selecting some stuff actually rather bothersome.

6. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

Its bad implementation. If actual edge of the "display screen", instead edge of "map screen" was used for scrolling, there would be no issue.

7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

This is terrible, I've been playing with this feature so long I miss it. It's a hassle to move over now, and takes more time to click and drag. God forbid I accidentally right mouse click instead of left mouse click, then my unit goes halfway across the world (figure of speech).

I believe even Civ2 had this feature, I'm sure Civ3 and on had it. But it is so broken as is, I can't use it. I can't read the notifications on the bottom right without the screen scrolling (unless I'm real careful). I like to read every notification.

8. TruthfulCake

TruthfulCake Prince