Editing a Value

PotatoMcWhiskey

Chieftain
Hi,

I'm learning how mod. I'm trying to accomplish a very simple task. I'm basically trying to change a single number value (Big ambitions I know) from 2 to 1.

Basically, I want to give +1 housing, instead of +0.5 Housing per farm/Fishing Boat/Pasture/Plantation/Camp.

I've tried a number of things.

The first thing that I tried was copying the Improvements.xml files from the games Data Directory, and deleting all of the lines except for the ones that I needed. I then changed the <Row with <Replace at the start of each of these lines. I also changed the TilesRequired = 2 for each of these lines to 1. I then Saved my file in the mod, and set the mod to do an UpdateDatabase In-Game Action, with the file set as the Improvements.xml file that I had inside the mod. I then built the mod and attempted to run it in game after activating it in additional content. However there seems to be no effect on gameplay. I double checked everything, making sure I had no mods activated. Still no effect. I then started from scratch again and essentially repeated my actions very carefully to make sure I didn't make an error, and did it all again but I still did not see an effect on gameplay.

I also tried writing an .SQL file, where I used a SET command to change TilesRequired to 1, WHERE ImprovementType = 'IMPROVEMENT_FARM' but this didn't work for me either.

I did an UPDATE, SET and WHERE command pointed to Improvements, TilesRequired = 1 and ImprovementType = 'IMPROVEMENT_FARM' respectively.

Could someone give me some advice on where I might be going wrong.

Edit: Images of what I've done basically:

NVM for some reason the forum tells me my post is spam when I try to attach or link images.

Last edited:
Ok, so I have an .sql edit working just fine now.

upload_2017-11-13_19-36-17.png

This seems to work, but when I do this:
upload_2017-11-13_19-37-11.png

It doesn't work. It also doesn't work when I do this:
upload_2017-11-13_19-37-48.png

There must be some reason why, that I just don't understand. The only thing that I can think of is Farms become before plantations in the list so the sql isn't finding it, so I should try putting the farm edit first, or I only need to do SET and UPDATE commands once.

Top Bottom