Editing Diplomacy

Keroro

Dororo: Ninja Frog
Does anyone know of a way to adjust the initial diplomatic relations between civs? I'm not talking about forced alliances here, I just want to be able to put certain civs into war or alliances at the beginning of the game, with the ability to change that relationship later. ATM it seems like the only way is to start the game myself and either buy an alliance or declare war on the appropriate civs. But surely there is a better way than that? :mischief:

I think maybe that the Civ 3 MultiTool has a way of doing this, but I can't quite understand how it works. If there is a guide to using it around here somewhere then I would be very grateful if someone could point me in that direction.

Big thanks for any help.

I think what you will have to do is start a game, save it, and use the "saved game editor". The advantage with this is that loading times when you open the scenario will be lowered. The disadvantages are that I'm not sure if it works with conquests or not, and that the scenario information won't pop up automatically.

Does anyone know of a way to adjust the initial diplomatic relations between civs? I'm not talking about forced alliances here, I just want to be able to put certain civs into war or alliances at the beginning of the game, with the ability to change that relationship later. ATM it seems like the only way is to start the game myself and either buy an alliance or declare war on the appropriate civs. But surely there is a better way than that? :mischief:

I think maybe that the Civ 3 MultiTool has a way of doing this, but I can't quite understand how it works. If there is a guide to using it around here somewhere then I would be very grateful if someone could point me in that direction.

Big thanks for any help.

I think the Firaxis spaced it on that one. Always thought there should be a feature like that.

Hmm, it looks like the Diplomacy Data Editor (in the Civ 3 MultiTool package) allows the creation of a file that can modify the diplomatic relations on the first turn of a scenario. I'll look into and see if I can make it work.

Has anyone else used this feature before?

Top Bottom