1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Editing in-game leader

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Daveyleo10, Feb 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Daveyleo10

Daveyleo10 Chieftain

How difficult would it be to edit a current leader's look.

I'm rather new to modding so while editing an in game leader might seem dumb it's more of a test!

I'd want to change, name, image etc. Staying away from all the other stuff for now!

2. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

3. Daveyleo10

Daveyleo10 Chieftain

It's not so much looking for a specific leader. I play as England so I use many mods for that Civ and others (some are yours!). I like to have a look through the config files etc to see how it's all setup. I'm teaching myself as I have with other games.

I'm just curious to know if the ingame leaders are editable or not.

4. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

They definitely are, take a look at the Dutch I just released :p I change Wilhelmina to Juliana, and re-add Wilhelmina with a new look and abilities.

If you need particular help, the Civ VI helpline is happy to help: https://discord.gg/czxBgGw

5. Hanny

Hanny Prince

Assumming its a DDs file, you can download free software like GIMP and edit the image, or repace it entirely with DDS image from existing mods from earlier civs or indeed other games, total war for instancec a generals DDS image of any number of the periods civs, may need resizing of course.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  6. Daveyleo10

Daveyleo10 Chieftain

I've decided on making myself to replace Queen Vic.. Just cuz!

I've done everything except the images on her. I have looked everywhere but with no luck..

I'm so close so please help, this whole thing is a learning experience!