Editing on a Mac

tupaclives

Tupac Lives on!!
Done to death I know, but I've done some looking around and cant find an answer.

I'm able to open the Civ3conquestsedit.exe using Wine, so I don't have Virtual PC or similiar or a copy of a windows OS that I can install. Nor do I have a PC version of Civ 3 to install onto my housemates computer to do it there.
Opening the editor using Wine is great but the editor then can't detect any of the Civ 3 files as it obviously looks for them in a pc format or something.

Could I hex edit the file so that I direct it's search for files to the Mac files and how would I go about doing that?

Thanks very much guys :)

I assume you have Civ3 Complete for Mac, and you have put Civ3ConquestsEdit.exe in a Wine 'bottle'?

Civ3ConquestsEdit.exe in a normal Windows installation probably expects to be in a folder called Conquests, and to find several sets of files when it starts up:

1. Conquests Art, Text and Sounds folders in the same directory where it lives (\Conquests\).
2. A conquests.biq file in the same directory where it lives (\Conquests\).
3. Vanilla Art, Text and Sounds folders in the folder above \Conquests\.

If you can create your own file and folder structures in the Wine bottle, then I suggest you try making a folder in your bottle called \Civilization III\, and inside that, a folder called \Conquests\. Put Civ3ConquestsEdit.exe in \Civilization III\Conquests\, and copying the above files and folders from your Mac's Civ III Complete folder into this structure (Mac paths have forward slashes, Wine paths have back slashes):

Copy the /Art/, /Sounds/ and /Text/ folders from Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/ to \Civilization III\Conquests\
Copy the conquests.biq file from Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/ to \Civilization III\Conquests\
Copy the /Art/, /Sounds/ and /Text/ folders from Civ III Complete/Civilization 3 Game Data/ to \Civilization III\

I have no idea whether this will work, but it might!

Top Bottom