1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Editing the Advisor Buttons?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by eggs2121, Jan 19, 2014.

1. eggs2121

eggs2121 Chieftain

For some reason, I have been having a hard time figuring out how to edit these. I've unpacked all the art files but have been unable to find Art/Interface/Screens/Advisor/. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help.

<InterfaceArtInfo>
    <Type>DOMESTIC_BG</Type>
    <Path>Art/Interface/Screens/Advisor/Domesticbg.dds</Path>
    </InterfaceArtInfo>

2. orlanth

orlanth Storm God. Yarr!

I think that BG file is for the background of the advisor screen. If you're trying to change the little buttons in the main screen which open the advisor, I'd bet the ones you want are interface/mainscreen/ad_btn_domesticadvisor.dds , etc.

3. eggs2121

eggs2121 Chieftain

But the small advisor art from the packed file, at least mine, don't look like the buttons in the game. I can edit those files and it does not effect the look of the game. It's very confusing. The buttons in my mainscreen folder look archaic, possibly an earlier version of the game before the game was polished.

4. eggs2121

eggs2121 Chieftain

For example...

Attached Files:

5. orlanth

orlanth Storm God. Yarr!

Ok I see the ones you mean. In Civ4Colonization I found them in Art/Interface/game hud/top_buttons - I don't know about Civ4, but you could check in the folders for Civ4 and BtS as well as unpacking the FPKs since not everything is packed.

6. Lib.Spi't

Lib.Spi't Overlord of the Wasteland

Awwww man... will just warn you, this stuff can become a SERIOUS headache.... I gave up after months of unsuccessful faffing...

7. eggs2121

eggs2121 Chieftain

I'm considering giving up. For whatever reason, Firaxis made it difficult to find and edit these files. Also strange they put in archaic art in the packs that aren't even in the game. Thank you for trying to help. If anyone knows how to find and edit these, please let me know. Thanks!

8. platyping

platyping Sleeping Dragon

Easiest way is to go into the python file CvMainInterface and change it to use whatever artwork of yours directly.

Code:
    screen.setImageButton( "CorporationAdvisorButton", "", iX, iBtnX, iBtnWidth, iBtnWidth, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_ACTION, gc.getControlInfo(ControlTypes.CONTROL_CORPORATION_SCREEN).getActionInfoIndex(), -1 )
    screen.setStyle( "CorporationAdvisorButton", "Button_HUDAdvisorCorporation_Style" )
    Code:
    screen.setImageButton( "CorporationAdvisorButton", ArtFileMgr.getInterfaceArtInfo("INTERFACE_CULTURE_TRACKER").getPath(), iX, iBtnX, iBtnWidth, iBtnWidth, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_ACTION, gc.getControlInfo(ControlTypes.CONTROL_CORPORATION_SCREEN).getActionInfoIndex(), -1 )
    The style defines the artwork, if you cannot find it, don't bother, just remove it and input the artwork codes manually.

9. eggs2121

eggs2121 Chieftain

Wow. Thanks.

10. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

Since they are controlled by a theme/style type thing the art is not in the Assets folder (or FPK) it is in the Resource folder.

Resource/Civ4/HUD has files called HUD_BTS_icons.tga and HUD_icons.tga which I think hold all the advisor button icons between them (as well as the buttons above the mini-map). Each icon type has 5 different versions in there, the exact purposes of which I do not know but the descriptions are: normal, pale, dull (sort of a sepia tone version), regular with a selected indication border, and pale with a selected indication border.

11. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Moderator Action: Moved to the main Creation and Customisation forum, which is where all queries/requests for help should be posted. The Graphics Modpacks forum is for completed modpacks only.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889