Editing the Advisor Buttons?

eggs2121

Chieftain
For some reason, I have been having a hard time figuring out how to edit these. I've unpacked all the art files but have been unable to find Art/Interface/Screens/Advisor/. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help.

<InterfaceArtInfo>
<Type>DOMESTIC_BG</Type>
<Path>Art/Interface/Screens/Advisor/Domesticbg.dds</Path>
</InterfaceArtInfo>

I think that BG file is for the background of the advisor screen. If you're trying to change the little buttons in the main screen which open the advisor, I'd bet the ones you want are interface/mainscreen/ad_btn_domesticadvisor.dds , etc.

But the small advisor art from the packed file, at least mine, don't look like the buttons in the game. I can edit those files and it does not effect the look of the game. It's very confusing. The buttons in my mainscreen folder look archaic, possibly an earlier version of the game before the game was polished.

For example...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 92
  • Button.JPG
    Button.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 55
Ok I see the ones you mean. In Civ4Colonization I found them in Art/Interface/game hud/top_buttons - I don't know about Civ4, but you could check in the folders for Civ4 and BtS as well as unpacking the FPKs since not everything is packed.

I'm considering giving up. For whatever reason, Firaxis made it difficult to find and edit these files. Also strange they put in archaic art in the packs that aren't even in the game. Thank you for trying to help. If anyone knows how to find and edit these, please let me know. Thanks!

Easiest way is to go into the python file CvMainInterface and change it to use whatever artwork of yours directly.

Code:
screen.setImageButton( "CorporationAdvisorButton", "", iX, iBtnX, iBtnWidth, iBtnWidth, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_ACTION, gc.getControlInfo(ControlTypes.CONTROL_CORPORATION_SCREEN).getActionInfoIndex(), -1 )
screen.setStyle( "CorporationAdvisorButton", "Button_HUDAdvisorCorporation_Style" )

Code:
screen.setImageButton( "CorporationAdvisorButton", ArtFileMgr.getInterfaceArtInfo("INTERFACE_CULTURE_TRACKER").getPath(), iX, iBtnX, iBtnWidth, iBtnWidth, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_ACTION, gc.getControlInfo(ControlTypes.CONTROL_CORPORATION_SCREEN).getActionInfoIndex(), -1 )

The style defines the artwork, if you cannot find it, don't bother, just remove it and input the artwork codes manually.

Since they are controlled by a theme/style type thing the art is not in the Assets folder (or FPK) it is in the Resource folder.

Resource/Civ4/HUD has files called HUD_BTS_icons.tga and HUD_icons.tga which I think hold all the advisor button icons between them (as well as the buttons above the mini-map). Each icon type has 5 different versions in there, the exact purposes of which I do not know but the descriptions are: normal, pale, dull (sort of a sepia tone version), regular with a selected indication border, and pale with a selected indication border.

Top Bottom