Editing the Civlopedia

BkGreatWarnut

aka "Brian the Great"
I have been planning to do a fantasy scenario just after the death of an emperor. After the emperor's death the empire crumbles into seperate factions. I was wondering if someone could please instruct me how to edit so that when viewing the civlopedia in the game information about my "created," nations will be viewable. I assume I do this with the readme, but how do I attach the readme to the particular scenario?

Answers would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
BK

don't you just type what you want on the pedia_icons or that other file?

Civiliopedia.txt

Anyway, inside that file there are some instructions as well.

I guess I need to be slightly more specific. The main thing I want to do is rewrite the history of the 8 customized civs that I include in the scenario. I want to have something like the Firaxis Conquest Scenarios in which each nation has its own history. This would give players a better background of the ideas behind the development of the scenario up to the starting date.

I'd also like to be able to inform players what each newly created civ's Unique Unit is and what cultural traits a civ has.

for that you have to open up a folder with your scenario name and point the editor to that folder. inside that folder you create a text folder, inside that you make a new document: civilopedia.txt
copy that from the conquests civilopedia files which you should find on conquests/conquests/age of discovery/text
in there you should understand the rest by reading it

Top Bottom