Editing the rate at which Tech Diffusion is calculated

Omirta

Chieftain
Hi,

Is there a way of editing the rate at which tech diffusion is calculated? It's a bit too high for my taste.

I've looked in A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml and GlobalDefines.xml and also the BUG mod options screen in game but I can't find anywhere to change the TD rates.

Hi,

Is there a way of editing the rate at which tech diffusion is calculated? It's a bit too high for my taste.

I've looked in A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml and GlobalDefines.xml and also the BUG mod options screen in game but I can't find anywhere to change the TD rates.

IIRC no, it's in the dll. And tweaking it it's not recommended anyway. There are too many factors involved in research to be advisable to tweak it as results might be different from what you expect, depending on the options you are using.

IIRC no, it's in the dll. And tweaking it it's not recommended anyway. There are too many factors involved in research to be advisable to tweak it as results might be different from what you expect, depending on the options you are using.

Alright then, thx for the reply

If you are finding tech diffusion too overpowering then you are probably too good for the difficulty level you play on. In immortal games the AI already has war elephants and catapults by turn 200.

There is a file named TechDiffusion_GlobalDefines.xml. Is that file actually taken into effect?

There is a file named TechDiffusion_GlobalDefines.xml. Is that file actually taken into effect?

I edited the modifiers in this file and it did change the tech diffusion rate! Thx Vokarya, can't believe I actually missed this file.

Thx for the tips guys. The reason I wanted to nerf TD in my game is because most civs in my game were on the same level as everyone else. I'm playing with the 100 civs dll, so that might cause the TD rates to go crazy.

Yes, Vokarya is right, too much time I didn't tweak that file. But the reason why most civs are on the same tech level might not be TD. As I said, there are many factors involved. And especially if you are using Realistic Timescale (on by default under BUG options) and/or Flexible Difficulty/Flexible AI, effects may sum up.

Top Bottom