Editor Efficiency and Practicality

Beloyar

Demigod
In order to spend less time modding maps and scenarios in the editor, we could really use some more simple features.

If I plan to allow 24 civs in the scenario, I often like to place 24 of each resource on my map. I also often edit other people's maps. It's hard to find all resources on the map, unless you count them manually. The Editor could be equipped with a list of statistics which would tell you how many of each resource there is on the map, how many starting locations, how many cities there are, units, goody huts, barbarian camps, etc.

abso********lutely!!!
and more:a feature that will automatically add the pedialicon entries for new units and the ability to have at least two instances of the editor on your screen so you can adjust stats without jumping back and forth all the time...

As regards the cities, only 512 are currently allowed on a map. I noticed even on huge maps of the Earth, large territories are left unpopulated because the city limit has been reached. This really sucks. :(

Civs rush to colonize the tundra instead of sailing to search for better quality land to settle.

So, my suggestion is for the Editor to estimate how many cities will fit on a map if all settleable terrain is used for cities, including islands.

Top Bottom