1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

EEN News!

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by General_W, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Wow that Was great.

On last last screen it would be mint if you showed what the new trades were (Between Loco And Innovia)

Or alternativly had a blank orange slide being the "divine hindu spirit" (Not the word Divine & orange colouring is important here) giving Innovia advice to pull out of the war.

2. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

Well - I'm not sure how provocative we want to be... :lol: ... showing their trades might be considered off-sides... even though everyone can see it if they know where to look.

On the second part... I was totally confused there, till I realized this was a dig at Aloha :lol: ... again, I'm afraid that might be too subtle by half. :)

I've got an idea for a take-off on that though... I'll look at reworking it here tomorrow.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

3. General_W

Ok – I actually ended up with some extra time here :)

Here's version #2 – version 1 has been removed…

What do you think?
    Ready for release?

History of the Innovia-Loco War:
    Click HERE to watch!
    (link to youtube)

4. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Absolute genius. Understated yet, still there. I like it alot :)

I would say post it now :goodjob:

5. General_W

Thanks Mr. President :D

I'll post it now...

EDIT: and thanks again for the great idea on the Aloha dig! Very funny! :thumbsup:

6. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

The people I'm sharing a house with here in AK thought I was the hugest dork when I started laughing, and trying to actually explain to them why that video was so funny....

I really should only look at that sort of stuff in private :blush:

You keep us all in stitches, G_W! :salute:

7. General_W

Ok – so I'm starting to think about what to do via a newsbroadcast for when we wipe out LOCO.

Here are my top two ideas, in no particular order:

1) A sentimentalish retrospective on LOCO's game.
    Highlight reel kind of thing. Music = Bad Day by Daniel Powter (think of what they show when they vote someone off of American Idol)

2) Humorous dialogue between JoeHarker and Koondrad, singing "always look on the bright side of life" from Monty Python, interspersed with shots of us wiping out their cities.

Thoughts? Other ideas?
    We've got time to figure this out – but I'm pretty busy these days, so I'm going to need a fair amount of lead time I think.

8. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Well in game time we are roughly 10 turns away. So that puts us at about 2 months the pace the game is moving at right now.

By now I am Assuming that Aloha and Innovia have seen Loco's map So It wouldn't hurt to show screenshots of every city the turn it fell :)

9. General_W

I may need help getting those screenshots unless I can get my Vanillia Civ working again. (hint, hint ;) )

10. Empiremaker

Empiremaker Human Fish

A parody of "Ain't no Sunshine" might work for the music. I also like the idea of a tribute to Loco.

11. General_W

Ain't no Sunshine is a great song... but I'm not sure how we'd make it work for LOCO?
    Care to elaborate?

12. Empiremaker

Empiremaker Human Fish

Ain't no Loco, now they're gone... Check out the Capitol Steps' (a D.C. political satire group) parody of it on YouTube

Just a suggestion.

13. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I'm not sure about the screenshots of their cities falling - we don't want to come across as gloating, right? We'd have to handle it with some delicacy and sensitivity.

14. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

The important thing is what Piffle thinks... Innovia and Aloha are going down anyway. :)

15. General_W

@Empiremaker – ok, I see. That's a good idea, but a little beyond my ability, as I can't sing or play music. If it's the kind of thing where I can just dub in a word here and there (ala my Mambo #5 video) then I can make it work. But the kind of massive change you're suggesting is a bit beyond my ability I'm afraid. :sad:

@Peter – sensitivity is exactly what I had in mind when I came up with the first option. Besides, we don't hate LOCO… they were just our best target.

@DaveMcW – from a game perspective, you're totally right. I don't think we're likely to upset Piffle no matter what video we make… so no worries there. If anything, the only thing that will upset Piffle is how much easier our war appears to be. But nothing we can do/would want to do about that.

So Peter – was that a vote for the "Bad Day" Video?

16. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Actually, I prefer the gallows humor of The Life of Brian. Seems that everyone here likes Monty Python, so you really can't go wrong! Unless, of course, we're insensitive ;)

17. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

You better look on the bright side of life then. ;)

18. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

We haven't made an official announcement of the completion of Notre Dame.

General_W may not have much time to do something creative, so shall we simply issue a statement from the Epsilon Information Ministry?

Should we also deny rumors that West Point is complete? This may serve to make Piffle think twice about hitting us, allowing us to get more defenses sent to the West.

19. General_W

Looks good to me Peter! :thumbsup:

I am indeed very short on time at the moment.

20. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Piffle has our world map, which means they know exactly what buildings we have in every city.

We should keep a good garrison in Mighty Bulwark. It will be Piffle's highest priority target if they backstab us.