Effects of negative gpt and no money?

clinton

Warlord
I read somewhere that negative gpt only reduces science on a one for one basis, as long as your science is high enough for it to stay non-negative. Is this the case?

In multiplayer this seems to be fully true. In singleplayer basically as well. However in SP I've had units randomly be disbanded even though I still had enough science/gpt left, which shouldn't happen for my understanding of this matter.

Bonus question: If a unit will be disbanded, will it always be my newest unit or what pattern does this follow?

In multiplayer this seems to be fully true. In singleplayer basically as well. However in SP I've had units randomly be disbanded even though I still had enough science/gpt left, which shouldn't happen for my understanding of this matter.

Bonus question: If a unit will be disbanded, will it always be my newest unit or what pattern does this follow?

In SP I've also had units disbanded (but not recently, so some things may have changed)... it used to be a fairly random unit disbanded after 5 turns of negative gold. I don't think I've lost a unit since at least 2 or 3 updates, but that may be that I'm more wary of it these days... or maybe I'm just better at managing my gpt these days.

I tried to work out what basis the unit lost was chosen once, but it does seem to be fairly random.

The mechanism does seem to have been nerfed recently, as, although I'm much better at managing it these days, I'm sure at some stage I should have lost a unit. It may have been changed, or even dropped. Or maybe I've just not got to the 5 turns recently.

My testing (which is a fair bit, but I wouldn't call it bulletproof) has shown that when you have negative gpt you lose science instead of gold when you run out of cash. You don't ever seem to lose units unless your science isn't large enough to pay for your negative gpt. That basically means you can easily ruin yourself by having too much maintenance but I don't think your units will auto disband anymore under any practical circumstance.

i think science can only absorb a certain amount of negative gold (25 i want to say?)

then it starts disbanding units

Top Bottom