1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Efficient Culture Generation

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Axirr, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Shark Diver

Shark Diver King

To me, it is not worth going this route. Because the culture buildings that benefit from this policy are relatively late, they get built pretty quickly without using a valuable SP to shave a few turns.

Are you delaying finishing Rationalism before ideologies or after ideologies? If before (that's a rare luxury), then the cost/benefit is a few turns of production vs. +50% from RA's AND whatever random opener benefit you might choose. I don't think it's close. If it is after ideologies, then those buildings should have long since been built to get much benefit. Is the 25% GWAM bonus (+ maybe Uffizi) AND cheaper cultural buildings worth more? I guess it could be situationally, but you did say "when not going for CV".

2. Johnpecan

Johnpecan Warlord

The only time I would consider opening point into Aesthetics in a non-CV is with that awkward policy when you finish your Tradition or Liberty tree and you have 1 or 2 policy points to put in before you open up rationalism. If rationalism is open, it's silly to put a point into aesthetics though.

3. rover68

rover68 Chieftain

OR have social policy saving.

GM-settle instead of tour?

What to do with future GP?

4. 59saintdane

59saintdane Warlord

Well yes, because if not going for CV you get more culture from a great work, and culture is what you're looking for from these GP, not tourism. Musicians are the worst GWAM to have in a non-CV, but can still be worth a little bit of culture.
    And continue the trend with all future writers, artists, and musicians. The biggest question I struggle with here though is when to bulb. It's a lot less straightforward than scientists. Do you bulb now to shave 8 turns off that valuable policy? Or do you wait for your cpt to increase and possibly win World's Fair, thus making your bulb more valuable? Do you make a GA now to speed your next policy and help to construct a wonder? Or do you save it so it's worth more hammers, culture and gold overall?