EFZI2 Complete - December 22, 2012

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Vuldacon, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

OK... The Farmers get the Rocket Cats along with a New Tech = "Capability" named "Here Kitty" and a New Wonder = Key Location to build at Zeb's Farm called "Kitty Shack". :lol:

...Zeb is looking forward to using the many Stray Cats that have been a problem on his Farm to help his Family against the Zombies.

Still Game Testing and Adjusting. I hope to be able to make the Extra Units soon but have to get the Game Play as wanted first.

I will say that there will be more to to have Fun with as well as challenging game situations.

The Farmer Fans will certainly like this major update as the Farmers have the easiest Game Play with additional Units Now. They also have the New Capability to research before getting to the end of the Capability Tree. This places the Farmers in line with the Other Human Factions concerning research and timing.

2. Gojira54

Gojira54 The folly of Man

3. El Justo

El Justo Deity

I wonder whatever happened to the old tube :lol:

Good to hear about Farmers getting the cats :) and I like them evening out some with other humans :goodjob:

4. Vuldacon

El Justo... Not sure what happened to the "Old Tube". I assume it is still being used to Kill Chickens :)

Funny thing about the Farmers. They were first placed into the game as another simple Faction that was not Fleshed Out. Because the Farmers are the Only Faction that are Not at Constant War with the Zombies and can make peace with them, the Farmers a have much easier time. Then there is "Old Buzzard", Crop Plane, that the Farmers can use from the start to Bomb and Transport Units faster than any other Faction. For example, Playing as the Farmers, I can capture the Coastguard turn 1 and the Dog Pound turn 5. Air Dropping Units with Old Buzzard and Bombing Zombies that are in the way of "Old Betsy", Farm Truck, that carries 5 Units.

Now with Strong Defensive "Co-Prospectors" that can be built at Guns, Guns, Guns and several other New Units, such as the Black Bulls, the Farmers are Very strong indeed.
    ...The Farmers are actually a "Game Exploit" in that they can Sue the Zombies for Peace and gain All of the Supplies and several captured Buildings from the Zombies... then go back to war with them the next turn.

I believe it is only fair to have the Human Factions differ in Game Play. Some being easier than others for variety that Players can choose to Play.
    ...The Farmers, well they are a Fun Hoot to play :)

5. El Justo

El Justo Deity

6. maurcus

maurcus Warlord

Just out of curiosity why is there no fire station building/key location, I mean a city the size of Paradise Island should have some. Perhaps it could produce firetrucks and firemen?

7. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Probably because the Fire Department can't outbid the Police Department, who bribed Vuldacon to have him make them the only Authority.

8. Vuldacon

maurcus... Paradise Island could use a Fire Department and I seriously thought about this a few years ago... I decided against it due to no real help having it. The Buildings that catch Fire can Not be extinguished by a Fire Department :)

Takhisis is basically correct, Mayor Reynolds gets paid to ignore many needs on the Island. The Authorities want the Taxes for their use and made a deal with Mayor Reynolds to keep the majority of it. Naturally, Mayor Reynolds is all too willing to go along with them for his cut of the "pie".

...IF it is any consolation, the Honorable Police Chief mandates ridged training and qualification for the Police Department to deal with Fires..."OK Men, take this glass of water and pour it on the lit piece of paper to extinguish the flames... Good Job" :D

9. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

I think you mean 'paid' and 'consolation' there, Mr. Vuldacon.

btw I thought the training consisted of drinking alcohol and other flammable substances and turning them into non-flammable materials?

10. Vuldacon

Takhisis... You are correct and yes, drinking alcohol and turning it into a non-flammable liquid has always been part of the training.

11. maurcus

maurcus Warlord

Another question, what is the purpose of the Sanitation Plant, City Utilities, and Snorkel Beach Buildings? are they just buildings for the sake of buildings? Or am I just missing something?

12. Vuldacon

maurcus... Previously, they have just been Buildings taken by the Zombies in regard to not having Key Locations or producing special units.

The Update will have an EPA Officer in a HazMat suite, "Jake", to rescue in the Sanitation Department. The Building also has a Pre-placed "EPA" Key Location that reduces corruption and players can build the "HazMat Office" there when they reach "Advanced Mathematics". The HazMat Office places "HazMat Divisions" in every Building and it "hires" a new "HazMat Worker" every 2 turns.

The HazMat Divisions reduce Production and Population Pollution from around the Buildings they are in. The HazMat Divisions can also be directly built in Buildings by any Human Faction.

Jake Upgrades to use his Powerful Steam Gun to Clean Pollution or Kill Zombies. He will Upgrade when players have Fuel for his Steam Gun at "Keep the Lights On".
    The HazMat Workers also use Powerful Steam Guns to Clean Pollution or Kill Zombies. Naturally, they all use the Sewers :)

City Utilities and Snorkel Beach will probably remain just Buildings the Zombies have captured... I have thought about adding a Diver Unit to Snorkel Beach and City Workers to City Utilities but have not as yet done so as the Island is very crowded as it is.
    After Game testing, I will make Jake and the HazMat Workers.

13. maurcus

maurcus Warlord

Sounds very cool! I can hardly wait!

14. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

You can make the wait easier if you play more EFZI.

Maybe we should have another bout of online play, after the Farmers' inferiority has been limited a bit.

15. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

The jogger unit currently has airlift capabilities, but it is set at zero, so did the unit mean to have that capability or not?

16. Vuldacon

classical_hero... The Jogger is set for Airdrop but should be set for Airlift.
    That was overlooked during testing.
    In the Editor under Units, Simply Unflag Airdrop and Flag Airlift for the Jogger.

17. classical_hero

I'm gonna start a PBEM thread in the area, I am just wondering who wants in?

18. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Startign when? On what conditions?

19. classical_hero

Well it will start after th release of the updated version. Some rules i was thinking of was no razing of buildings by the human player, so each building needs to be protected so you can destroy a building to stop a plan for a certain faction. The farmers, if they are being played, cannot sue for peace and then declare war the next turn, they have to hold out for the full 20 turns..

20. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Go on, my child.