EFZI2- The PBEM!

Bengal Tiger

Emperor

Please be advised it is highly recommended that you have prior experience playing this scenario in order to maximize the enjoyment of gameplay in a multiplayer setting.

The link to the thread with info/download can be found here.

Many thanks go to Vuldacon and King Arthur for making this awesome scenario.

Now, I have no idea how this will turn out in multiplayer, as usually when you play only one faction(you) can use bombardment effectively against zombies. With 4 factions able to do that, it might make the game less challenging. So the options are, we can either set the AI difficulty to max and hope for the best, or...

We could have a human player playing as the zombies. There would have to be some ground rules, such as "Sam Hammer" would have to be set to auto-explore instead of hunkered down in the Research Centre to simulate his random exploration, and allowing the possibility of another faction to team up with him. Jeff Morris(the Dalek guy) and Elvis would also have to be fortified and kept in their starting locations rather than being moved elsewhere. And things like that.

There will be either 4 or 5 players(depending on interest) and I'll start the game when all the spots are full. I will be playing as The Authorities.

The factions are as follows:

Player 1: Bengal Tiger - The Authorities
Player 2: Takhisis - The Survivors
Player 3: lord drake - The Company
Player 4: classical hero - The Farmers
Player 5(maybe): - The Zombies

Now this is my first time starting/admining a PBEM, but I think I can get it done without a hitch.

Also, if anyone is interested as a spectator, we could use an impartial moderator to occasionally skip turns if necessary. The time limit for the turn to be played will be 48 h. Be aware that this will require dedication on the part of the participants. Each turn should give details as to which units were killed and which were injured(specific numbers on health bars are not necessary). Ideally they should be reported as a story from the point of view of the combatants(I will be doing the first turn as an example), but if constrained by time we'll let you off with simply stating the damaged units.

I should also mention we will be posting the saves on this thread, so make sure you set a password.

Anyways, hopefully this works out to be a lot of fun.

Lock and load.:ar15:

OK, I'll bite… I claim survivalicious activities, even if you are claiming the best faction.

Will this be co-op or free for all?

Edit: I forgot. PHIRST!

OK, I'll bite… I claim survivalicious activities, even if you are claiming the best faction.

Will this be co-op or free for all?

Edit: I forgot. PHIRST!

Whatever you'd like it to be. The only real rules with diplomacy is that you can't side with the zombies. But apart from that you can side with whoever you want or backstab them, as long as you're still fighting the zombies as well.

Also, the Authorities may get the best toys, but the only possible victory is domination. It's a lot easier for the Survivors/Company to achieve victory. The Farmers are definitely the under dog, though.

Four (five) slots, two taken and another one nearly taken (see the scenario thread) out of five. At the end of the year, when most people've got their heads elsewhere. You ain't doing that bad.

Two days seems reasonable enough to get your turn done. Never had to keep track of casualties before but I should be able to get used to that. Since there is so much new here I'll take a new faction, I'll go with the company. :)

…aactually I have to pull out. RL circumstances have changed dramatically.

All right guys. I'll give it one more week before starting(although I do want at least 3 people playing, the Farmers aren't really necessary).

I'll be setting the difficulty to max, though. So hopefully we can fill up all the spots by next Sunday, otherwise we can just go with what we have.

Okay, I expect I'll be steam rolled pretty fast, I've never played max level. :p

Okay, I expect I'll be steam rolled pretty fast, I've never played max level. :p

Me neither. We'll have to work together at first to avoid getting slaughtered. Once the tide has turned though...that's when things will get interesting.

I'm trying to get out of as many non-RL seriousy business as possible. It's just the way it is.

*Sigh*

If just one more person is willing to play as the survivors, I'll go ahead with this. We'll need at least 3 people to make it worthwhile, I think.

I was thinking that as EFZI2 Complete was just released, it might be more fun to use that version instead. If anyone is interested...Otherwise I'll bump this after the Holidays to see if anyone is still interested.

Sure, we can use that. It'll give me some time to get used to the changes. :)

I could sign back in after New Year. As long as I don't get the Zombies.

Sounds good, Takhisis. From the amount I've played so far, I think in EFZI2 Complete, even the AI would be very challenging. If you get a chance, play a few rounds and we can decide on a difficulty to play on. If someone wants to take the Farmers before we start up, they are welcome too join.

I'll take either Farmers or Survivors, but I need until January.

Top Bottom