Egypt - Cleopatra Thread

Lol why is Giza even the capital? Giza is a district city of Cairo and did not exist until the Egyptian civilization had long collapsed.

The capital during Cleopatra's reign was Alexandria (native Egyptian: Ra-Katit). The Great Pyramids were located in Men-Nefer (Memphis), which was the capital of the Old Kingdom, while Waset (Thebes) was the capital of the New Kingdom. The choice of the capital is extremely weird, it would be like having Sydney as capital of the Aboriginals.

Also, I was hoping her hair was a bit longer. Or is that too difficult too animate?

Do we know the Giza is the original Egypt capital? Meaning not just the capital after other cities were taken.

Yeah, they did a good job with her. I'm gonna not edit her out. She looks nothing like Hatshepsut. And her implementation sounds fun! I will have to make Alexandria her capital though. Hopefully, the painted background means we'll get a second more ancient Egyptian leader in DLC.

Do we know the Giza is the original Egypt capital? Meaning not just the capital after other cities were taken.
It looks like there was no room for her to have other cities. Giza is simply the modern name for the area outside of what was Memphis where the pyramids were built, right?

There is no reason for them to fake her capital. Giza is not a good choice. Alexandria for her actual capital or Memphis would be better. Maybe Thebes but Giza is a very poor choice.

Her personality is really cool.

There is no reason for them to fake her capital. Giza is not a good choice. Alexandria for her actual capital or Memphis would be better. Maybe Thebes but Giza is a very poor choice.

It's just a name. Really, you could very easily just re-name it each time. :rolleyes:

However, we've seen the city lists be rather quirky in the preview videos.

It's just a name. Really, you could very easily just re-name it each time. :rolleyes:

However, we've seen the city lists be rather quirky in the preview videos.

Or just mod the city lists before you even play. It's like the most basic thing to mod/a good way to learn. I always do it before I even play a new iteration.

I must say I'm displeased with the rough painting in the background. Looks like those are in to stay. I would rather they kept paintings in the background for players who couldn't get the graphics cards to play animated leader backgrounds. :(

This is how I feel as well. The backgrounds are so disappointing it kind of ruins the entire leader screen immersion for me.

I have a pretty weak video card and play Civ V on pretty low settings, but playing Civ V after not playing for a year or so, some of the leader screens don't look too great to me, either. The 3D elements are sometimes very simple or don't blend that well with the background.

I'm not saying I like the Civ VI leader screens better. I'm not really sure yet. But static backgrounds don't seem *that* much worse to me.

EDIT: On the other hand, I would hope that using pure 2D environments would mean that the backgrounds looked really interesting. But it doesn't really seem like that from what we've seen so far.

Liking Cleo - not quite what I imagined. A bit cartoony but that's not really a big surprise after Teddy.

Hate, hate, HATE the wishy-washy painted backgrounds. Yuck :(

The backgrounds are nothing to write home about but if it means multiple leader per Civ then they are excellent. :D

Do we know her Unique Ability?

Spoiler :

(Thanks to TPangolin for the screenshots)

OMG Yas I love her.

it seems Giza is the capital... (from E3-footage)

Well that sucks. I still think it's funny most of the Egyptian wonders are from Alexandria yet they cant make it capital

This is how I feel as well. The backgrounds are so disappointing it kind of ruins the entire leader screen immersion for me.

I like it. It fits the drawn thing the game has going on with the minimap

Exactly. It could've been Civ Rev worse.

I dont think that one was too bad on itself. CivOnline basing her looks on ASTERIX MISSION CLEOPATRA was worse.

My girlfriend says Cleo is too cartoony and her boobs are too big :think:

:mischief:

Not complaining :)

---

On a more serious note, I think the animations are great, and if we are going for larger-than-life personalities she acts and looks the part.

I'm finding the 2D backgrounds very hard to swallow. Quoting Mr. Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

Top Bottom