Egypt - Cleopatra Thread

i like the text that explains the eureka moments. never noticed it before

More than that, it is also possible that the map script will always put Egypt near rivers.

Sure, but like I said before; they could end up on a short river in the tundra with the next river half a continent away instead of on the ideal huge river system that they need.

I was wondering about the floodplan UA. Might it mean that placing a district in a FP for other civs removes the floodplain, but for Egypt, it keeps it? (Sort of like mines removed forest/jungle/swamp in civ V, but trading posts didn't). This would mean egypt can keep the FP bonus from floodplains if used for district building, while other civ's can't)

Sure, but like I said before; they could end up on a short river in the tundra with the next river half a continent away instead of on the ideal huge river system that they need.

True but if the map always gave Egypt a huge river as a starting location, that would be unfair to other civs. Conversely, it would unfair to Egypt if they started on a desert continent with no rivers at all. So as long as the map script gives Egypt something in between those two extremes, that should be fine.

It's not clear to me that the comment about Flood Plains not blocking wonders or districts is specific to Egypt, especially since the tooltip for Pyramids explicitly says "Must be built on Desert (including Flood Plains)" (and this is from China's build menu).

Cleopatra's animations are just delicious. :D

I admit I've halfway forgiven them for choosing her just because she's so entertaining to watch--throw in a few lines from Antony and Cleopatra and I'll forgive them the rest of the way. :p

The narrator of these first look movies on the other hand...I swear, they held an audition to discover the worst voice they could find. :cringe: And to top it off, her delivery is bad, too. :( Makes me miss old "Dry and Boring" from Civ5. :/

@Arioch The game just clarifies that Flood Plains count as Desert for the the specific case of Egypt.

The narrator of these first look movies on the other hand...I swear, they held an audition to discover the worst voice they could find. :cringe: And to top it off, her delivery is bad, too. :( Makes me miss old "Dry and Boring" from Civ5. :/

I'm guessing they didn't do any sort of audition and this is just some random person in the office. They could have definitely done worse. And I'm guessing a majority of this community doesn't want them to spend more time and resources on each video at the expense of having fewer videos.

I'm guessing they didn't do any sort of audition and this is just some random person in the office. They could have definitely done worse. And I'm guessing a majority of this community doesn't want them to spend more time and resources on each video at the expense of having fewer videos.

I agree that she's terrible, but I also agree that it doesn't matter all that much. Give us a great game in October, Firaxis, and we'll gladly forgive your substandard promo narration.

Criminy, it's just PR info. The narrator is fine.

What do some of you people expect from a video narration? What a weird thing to complain about.

I'm really liking how the devs are making each civ far more encompassing and not just one trick ponies. They are also making a concerted effort in taking various traits/aspects from a civs history and incorporating it into their uniques.

With that said, I love this version of Egypt. Egypt's uniques capture the importance of the Nile, which is the really the foundation of Egyptian culture and society. Wonders and Districts are built faster next to rivers and trade partners receive bonus food. This is far better than a bland 20% bonus to wonder production...a unique that says nothing about the civ.

I'm usually in the crowd that wants Egyptian Mamluks represented in the game, but this new version of Egypt is just great so I don't really care if Islamic Egypt isn't represented.

The Mamluks could be the Middle Eastern civs knight equivalent (same stats), just reskinned/renamed. As far as I know, the devs haven't shown any proof that each civ/region of civs will have unique skins for their units, so its doubtful.

I thought that the narrator has been doing a fine job. :dunno:

Top Bottom