Egypt - Cleopatra Thread

I didn't want Cleopatra either, but I'll be the last to deny that she was a brilliant woman who got dealt a very bad hand and made the best of it. I would have preferred an actual Egyptian pharaoh, but I admit I'll take Cleopatra over Tutankhamun, whose only accomplishment was the fact that, by mere chance, his tomb was not completely plundered.

Not many of us, not even me, like the choice of Cleopatra, but I think we can all admit that her agenda is well picked and her character animation is amazing.

Yup. I may need to send her to hug the asps from time to time (if she builds a wonder too many) but at the very least she will turn out as a leader that I love to hate.

The Ptolemaic era did see the construction of both the great library and the great lighthouse which are two world wonders that have been in most civilization games.

I have not heard anything really terrible about Cleopatras VII rule for the common people and politicaly she was very successful as she ended up ruling Egypt which had been far from certain.

She could speek Egyptian language which was rare for her dynasty.

Not many of us, not even me, like the choice of Cleopatra, but I think we can all admit that her agenda is well picked and her character animation is amazing.

We also probably wouldn't call her a slut. Then again the rest of us are grown-ups with grown-up brains and grown-up tongues.

We also probably wouldn't call her a slut. Then again the rest of us are grown-ups with grown-up brains and grown-up tongues.

Well besides that, even if you prefer a different choice you probably wouldn't get really fixated and adamant about it.

I strongly, strongly object to the language on this thread and I urge the Mods to step in and delete the misogyny. "Slut" is an incredibly sexist and vicious term in general, and all the more so here given that all the male leaders from the ancient world had concubines and mistresses galore.

I feel the mods have dropped the ball here and it does a disservice to all of us. And certainly saps my enthusiasm for the ongoing dialogue.

One that doesn't involve calling Cleopatra a whore.

That's pretty goddamn sexist.

But he is right albeit he used such a harsh word, it was a means to an end for her, she needed to secure Egypt from the ever growing power of Rome.

I assume you fanatics already know it, but is it clear already what all 12 builder action icons represent? I am curious esp. about that beach chair/umbrella in 2nd row, and flower in 3rd. Its @1.23 in video.

As far as I can tell (using CiV terminology, Quarry and Mine may be other way around, I don't remember CiV icons):
1st row: Offshore platform, Camp, Fishing Boats, Farm
2nd row: ?, Lumber Mill, Pasture, Mine
3rd row: Sphinx, Oil Well, ?, Quarry

Any ideas? That beach stuff might be something related to tourism, the other one I have no clue.

I also hope that lumber mill will be somewhat useful this time around, I can hardly remember if I used it in CiV, I always though that farm > lumber mill in almost any situation.

Attachments

• Builders.png
    Builders.png
    55 KB · Views: 115
I assume you fanatics already know it, but is it clear already what all 12 builder action icons represent? I am curious esp. about that beach chair/umbrella in 2nd row, and flower in 3rd. Its @1.23 in video.

As far as I can tell (using CiV terminology, Quarry and Mine may be other way around, I don't remember CiV icons):

Any ideas? That beach stuff might be something related to tourism, the other one I have no clue.

I also hope that lumber mill will be somewhat useful this time around, I can hardly remember if I used it in CiV, I always though that farm > lumber mill in almost any situation.

We've been discussing it in the Screenshot Analysis thread. We are also speculating that it is some sort of resort.

And we suspect the "flower" is a plantation.

The only difference in promotion trees that need to exist are; Land, Sea, Air. As those 3 unit types are all functionally different. .
I think there's still a place for more specific promotion trees.

Consider CIV, with most promotions being universal, but with ranged units getting promotions relating to city and hill defence, and extra free strikes; melee units getting city attack and forest defence; mounted units with withdrawl bonuses; and artillery getting defence redution and collateral damage bonuses (plus the free strikes and city attack bonuses that ranged and melee get).

The little bits of Egyptian military history I know mostly involve them getting flattened by Assyria or Babylon or Hyksos etc.

Ah, but they thrashed the Hittites at Kadash. Totaly. We know that because Ramesses said so, and he was there. You wouldn't call Ramesses a liar, would you?

One thing that could be worth discussing is what goes in the "Sphinx" spot for other civs. Will it just be empty, if the civ does not have a unique improvement?

Top Bottom