Egypt OP?

stoferb

Prince
Is it just me? Because it seems every game I play there's an egypt somewhere on the map wonder-whoring like crazy, has the most tech and cities and gets the fewest rebellions (except me). So I decided to play egypt and see. Man those traits in combination with those monuments are awesome.

All of Egypt's leaders have the Creative trait so, combined with the Obelisk, they definitely have an advantage when it comes to wonder building. If I were to tone them down, I'd drop the Obelisk down to just +1:hammers:. Has anyone else noticed Egypt being too dominant?

my girlfriend allmost never plays any other faction :D Obelisk with 2 hammers + creative/industrious leader can catch allmost every wonder in monarch or easier.
But can`t say how good AI plays them, because well they are taken by her xD

I've decided to reduce the Obelisk to just +1:hammers: for 1.22. Hope your girlfriend isn't too disappointed, Alexej!

I will have more diverse loyal allies from 1.22, will be GREAT :D

Wow you have a girlfriend who plays Civ IV? Luck dog. My friends and I have to negotiate or hide our civ games from wives and girlfriends. Ugh, it's been months since we have been able to organize a big civ game

Wow you have a girlfriend who plays Civ IV? Luck dog. My friends and I have to negotiate or hide our civ games from wives and girlfriends. Ugh, it's been months since we have been able to organize a big civ game
+she is really beauty... we are playing History Rewritten and Age of wonders 3 at the moment. Sometimes she performs better than me, saving my ass from enemy stacks :D Agree, I am really lucky and happy guy ;)

PS : on rainy or cold weekend we usually play for 4-5 hours/day sometimes more! Played with friends before, never had such great co-player

my girlfriend allmost never plays any other faction :D Obelisk with 2 hammers + creative/industrious leader can catch allmost every wonder in monarch or easier.
But can`t say how good AI plays them, because well they are taken by her xD

That is indeed what AI Egypt tends to do aswell. In my games as not-egypt, Egypt will be on some distant continent wonder-whoring like crazy, and bullying all it's neighbours. And I play on easy levels like noble and prince, all other civs are not too dangerous especially if they are close by so I can take advantage of them.

@Xyth, I hope that is a sufficient nerf.

Top Bottom