Egypt Starting Condition

BenZL43

awkward cat
Due to some disappointing unhistorical conditions in the game, I'm trying to discuss about each Civilization starting condition, starts from Egypt to America. This thread was meant to make the most game-possible historical starting conditions for each Civilization...

Egypt and Around

Game starts with Egyptian Starting Unit and 2 or 3 Independent Cities :
  1. Nekhen (I can't find the Egyptian old names [Upper Egypt])
  2. Ab dw (Abdju, or Abydos in English [Upper Egypt])
  3. Mn nfr (Memphis in English [Lower Egypt])

After a few turns, all independent cities will flip to Egyptian Civilization, represent the Unification of Upper and Lower Egypt

And I think Egyptian is better to starts with :
  1. Agriculture
  2. Animal Husbandry
  3. Bronze Working
  4. Pottery
  5. Mysticism (Reason : They are a religious Kingdom)
  6. Polytheism (Reason : They worship a lot of God
And also, having various amount of :science: discount for
  1. Paper (Reason : Papyrus)
  2. Astronomy (Reason : Hidden room in Pyramid dedicated to certain star)
  3. Masonry (Reason : Pyramids, Giant Temple)

What do you think ?
P.S : I will continue to Discuss about possibility for India if you are interested...

Nobody interested to reply or what ? :(
Simply, I just think that world wasn't so empty when Egypt,Babylonia,India and China spawn...

It might not have been empty, but what if Egypt decides to go on a colonizing spree with his Astronomy? And the fact that he instantly rules the Mediterranean with it?

There might have been cities, just not important enough?

with that sort of tech lead at the start of the game won't it just be really easy for human players to win? remember there is a fine balance between historical accuracy and game play.

It might not have been empty, but what if Egypt decides to go on a colonizing spree with his Astronomy? And the fact that he instantly rules the Mediterranean with it?

There might have been cities, just not important enough?

No.. I mean.. having a little discount, for example if Other Civs have to research Astronomy with 5000 :science: , Egypt can research it for 4900 :science: or somewhat, as they aren't researching it from scratch of dust, but from the base of their ancient knowledge :D
And they do not start with Astronomy, they have to researched it as the same beeline techs like other Civs like researching Compass or Sailing first (CMIIW)..

Though honestly, I doubt Egypt, when played by AI, will ever survive to the time where Astronomy was majority researched, because around that time, usually the Cities already fall under Arabian rule, or Independent Cities, or Ethiopian :p

with that sort of tech lead at the start of the game won't it just be really easy for human players to win? remember there is a fine balance between historical accuracy and game play.

It could be..
But every other Civs will also have added Tech as well..
But I'll think about that later, and update my suggestion :)

So... you propose to create a mod-mod with tweaked starting conditions and discounts for each Civ, then? Perhaps even new UHV conditions and tweaked UPs?

So... you propose to create a mod-mod with tweaked starting conditions and discounts for each Civ, then? Perhaps even new UHV conditions and tweaked UPs?

Well..
maybe..
Idk..
it just pop up in my mind :)
and at least, I just hope worlds were not that empty..
haha

Let's go down the checklist:

1) too deterministic, lowering replay value
2) cramped cities make for crappier cities
3) then the same treatment would have to be handed down for India, China, Greece, hell, almost all of them, unless you're a proponent of *glenn beck doom-scowl* EGYPTIAN EXCEPTIONALISM

Well, I was planning to do that for all of the civilization as well, not only Egypt.. but since Egypt entried first in the citynamemanager.py , I thought I will start with that one lol ;)

Actually this is pretty much the modmod I am working on and so far I am having fun with it, so I encourage you to go ahead and see what happens.

Okay :)
I'll post a thread for 'India Starting Condition' soon..
*researching*

At least, India Should NOT Starts from Delhi if they spawn at such early date :)

Top Bottom