Egypt sues "jews of the world" over exodus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
when did the egyptians discover hallucinogenic drugs because this guy must be on them. Why can't the jews sue them because of the whole slavery thing, or is he to wasted to get that through his head?

I can see a counter law suit being filed for "mistreatment during indentured servitude" (as that is more like the ancient egyptian form of slavery, then the colonial America version

maybe this guy will sue god,one of his ancestors got hit on the head by a frog and got sick drinking the red waters when mosses was there

Quote from article
A dean at Egypt's University of Al-Zaqaziq is preparing a lawsuit against "all the Jews of the world," accusing them of stealing gold during the exodus.

Besides the fact that they can't actually find any conclusive evidence of this "exodus", even if proven true it won't prove that the Jews had taken Egyptian treasures. Even if proven true that the Jews had indeed went on this journey and taken treasures, there still isn't a legitimate claim for reparations.

Well that's the stupidest thing I ever heard. That said...

Originally posted by Sh3kel
Riiiiight....
does this mean we can sue for ownership of the Pyramids, seeing as we built them?

No because you didn't.

Originally posted by Perfection
Pfft, just another anti-semitic jerk, trying to drum up support.

They ARE semitic.

Originally posted by Shadylookin when did the egyptians discover hallucinogenic drugs because this guy must be on them. Why can't the jews sue them because of the whole slavery thing, or is he to wasted to get that through his head?

Yes because suing the Arabs for hardships inflicted on the Jews by a completely different people 6000 years ago makes SO much sense.

Originally posted by PawPaw
he claims to have it on camera

:rotfl:

This would be completely hilarious, if it wasn't for the fact that it is more likely an expression of a deeply ingrained irrational hatred for anything Jewish. To me, that makes it more disturbing than funny, but since I'm not Jewish, it's probably because I'm not used to it.

Also, I thought that the concept of paying interest was outlawed by Islam ? :confused:

Actually, there is (sort of) precedent for making the Egyptians pay the Jews for the pyramids.
During the Holocaust the Germans sent some Jews to work for their private companies without pay (as opposed to in concentration camps). Recently, they (one of the companies)have paid some of those who worked as slaves a small compensation ($4000 I believe).

On a less serious note, I had to check a couple other articles on the site to make sure this wasn’t some grand trick by the Onion :D.

And incidentally you'd have to prove the jews built the pyramids as slave.

Which goes against what we do have on the actual builders of the pyramid who, from what we've put together IIRC :

1)Weren't slaves.
2)Weren't jews either.

I believe there was a debate on the topic some time back.

Originally posted by Oda Nobunaga
And incidentally you'd have to prove the jews built the pyramids as slave.
I believe there was a debate on the topic some time back.
[/QUOTE

remember it well--a long debate:;)

Mostly because I managed to turn it in a debate on how valid the bible was as a source of information, at that :D

But yeah, for those who want to find it, there should be such a debate somewhere around. And if you ignore the side debate on the bible's validity as a historical document, we had a few people relatively knowledgeable where Egypt is concerned telling us about how, in fact, jews did not build the pyramid and neither did slaves :).

I think the point you've all missed is this: If Israel can "reclaim" land it owned 2000 years ago, why can't Egypt sue for damages the Israelis inflicted an equally ridiculously long time ago?

The Egyptian lawyer doesn't want damages: he wants to score a political point for antiZionism :p

Israel didn't reclaim the lands on legal grounds - the British owned it, and they gave it to the UN, which gave it to the Jews. Israel was much smaller at the time but the Arabs attacked it anyway, and the Jews gained more land in a perfectly legimate war (oxymoron).

Of course, the common Egyptian probably wouldn't know this, and thus you are probably correct anyway, even though you are wrong. :confused:

CAIRO, Aug. 21 (UPI) -- A dean at Egypt's University of Al-Zaqaziq is preparing a lawsuit against "all the Jews of the world," accusing them of stealing gold during the exodus.

The university's dean of law, Nabil Hilmi, told the Egyptian weekly newspaper Al-Ahram Al-Arabi the Jews during the exodus "stole from the Pharaonic Egyptians gold, jewelry, cooking utensils, silver ornaments, clothing and more ..."

Asked why cooking utensils might have been taken, Hilmi said "... this had been the Jews' twisted way throughout history; they seek to cause a minor problem connected with the needs of everyday life so as to occupy people with these matters and prevent them from pursuing them to get back the stolen gold ..."

Hilmi said the "debt" could be rescheduled over 1,000 years, with the addition of the cumulative interest during that period.

Heaven forbid the Jews take the Egyptans frying pans. Besides the current government of Egypt is not the same as the one the Jews claim to have excaped from. Many Jews come from families that did not make the Exodus. He does not include Christians from the suit even though a lot of Jews converted to Christianity. He does not know what was stolen, or even if anything was stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom