Egypt war chariot

Yang Liu, do you think it is possible for other people to convert the units from your own game to be used for Civ 3?

I doubt it would be easy. He told me once that they would use a compression / encryption to prevent that.

No comment !

H.Balck

Whatever.

I shall continue to use the Firaxis War Chariot....
Ditto. All the more so, if YL is the reason for the disappearance of Sandris! :mad:

I read that thread Steph Posted. I strongly recommend everyone else does, too.

I wasn't suggesting people steal his work, but I was asking for permission for the Civ community to convert his wonderful units for our games.
I know, I never imagined you were suggesting stealing it. But as I said, he told me they encrypted the animations specifically to be sure they won't be used by others.
Although YL declined to comment, I supposed it's because they don't want the civ community to convert his units.

I supposed it's because they don't want the civ community to convert his units.
Earlier it's been stated that Slitherine was ok with their art being used for Civ3 as long as they were properly credited. So they changed their mind then?

And since they use Civ3 units, seemingly without any proper credits to their original creators Sandris, utahjazz7, Kinboat to name the ones I recognized, I would find such a change of mind a bit... inconsistent.

This was specifically for the game Chariots of War and Legion, not for all their games.

I don't know what is their general policy now. I can only tell what YL told me by PM. It's not their official position, and since he declined to comment we can just guess.

I use other animations, figures (Michael-3 and Millinium Horse etc) and other clothings for my game projects like Sandris and others here. Whats your problem ? Sandris gives me good inspiration and I learn more to work profesional with Poser-10, VUE-7 and 3dMAX.

I receive Insults here for my open figures for CIV III - thats no longer bearable.

H.Balck

And since they use Civ3 units, seemingly without any proper credits to their original creators Sandris, utahjazz7, Kinboat to name the ones I recognized, I would find such a change of mind a bit... inconsistent.
You are jumping to conclusion too fast here. I don't think you can find any official screenshots from Slitherine showing a unit from here.

To my knowledge, the units that will be in the final game will be original units made by YL.
I exchanged some emails with the owner of Slitherine, with a link to the webpage for my mod, which contains most of Sandris units, and he confirmed Slitherine does not own any of them.

Slitherine have done nothing wrong; the units in question were posted by Yang Liu in his private capacity, not by them.

Moderator Action: With that, I would like to reiterate Blue Monkey's comments above and close this discussion, since it's now been clarified. Further remarks in this thread should be restricted to the topic of the unit; anything else will be deleted and infracted.

I am thankful also as a mere spectator who does feel that such work will always be beyond my own capacities. If used in a mod I enjoy all the better. Thanks YL.

Top Bottom