Egypt's interesting strat in my recent immortal game...

Malachi256

Prince
I start out smack dab in the middle of a pangaea (Russia, standard speed/map size).

Long story short, I'm dealing with Attila to my west (who DoW's me early and doesn't relent - I spend a significant chunk of early resources building archers to fight him off), and Egypt to the east is going nuts - running away quite early.

What irks me is his REX-Tall-WonderSpam-Domination strategy. By the time I fight off Attila and place my 2nd city, Egypt slaps down its 5th city right on my eastern border. He's got a big enough army that he's trying to take down a nearby CS (with units to spare), AND he's built most of the wonders in the game up to this point.

/sigh

Louis XXIV

Le Roi Soleil
REX-Tall-WonderSpam-Domination strategy

Is that really a "strategy"? It sounds like "do everything." If could REX, build tall, grab lots of wonders, and conquer, I'd be doing pretty good as well.

Dtekkar

Warlord
A domination grand strategy Egypt can runaway with the game like no other. I've lost quite a few games to those damn chariots. I greatly prefer Egypt when it goes tall and cultural, like a wonder piñata.

Adjuvant

Emperor
Even on immortal, Huns and Egypt run out of steam early. It's cool how on immortal you can see their playstyles really shine through. Attila will become a non-issue quickly with your tech advantage and Ramesses' temples and wonders will become like treasure hunting with cool rewards.

Just be glad you didn't start by Ottomans/Japan/Spain/Russia. These "mid-game aggressors" are an incredible pain to fend off when you still have crossbows/longswords and they have gunpowder/rifles and cannons/cavalry.

pspboy7

Prince
I find the Huns and Alexander are whiners and tend to be more annoying than a real threat. I prefer games where neither are in it hehe.

Top Bottom