Egypt's interesting strat in my recent immortal game...

Malachi256

Prince
I start out smack dab in the middle of a pangaea (Russia, standard speed/map size).

Long story short, I'm dealing with Attila to my west (who DoW's me early and doesn't relent - I spend a significant chunk of early resources building archers to fight him off), and Egypt to the east is going nuts - running away quite early.

What irks me is his REX-Tall-WonderSpam-Domination strategy. By the time I fight off Attila and place my 2nd city, Egypt slaps down its 5th city right on my eastern border. He's got a big enough army that he's trying to take down a nearby CS (with units to spare), AND he's built most of the wonders in the game up to this point.

/sigh

REX-Tall-WonderSpam-Domination strategy

Is that really a "strategy"? It sounds like "do everything." If could REX, build tall, grab lots of wonders, and conquer, I'd be doing pretty good as well.

A domination grand strategy Egypt can runaway with the game like no other. I've lost quite a few games to those damn chariots. I greatly prefer Egypt when it goes tall and cultural, like a wonder piñata.

Even on immortal, Huns and Egypt run out of steam early. It's cool how on immortal you can see their playstyles really shine through. Attila will become a non-issue quickly with your tech advantage and Ramesses' temples and wonders will become like treasure hunting with cool rewards.

Just be glad you didn't start by Ottomans/Japan/Spain/Russia. These "mid-game aggressors" are an incredible pain to fend off when you still have crossbows/longswords and they have gunpowder/rifles and cannons/cavalry.

I find the Huns and Alexander are whiners and tend to be more annoying than a real threat. I prefer games where neither are in it hehe.

Top Bottom