E'iten background

One thing I feel needs to be pointed out: "Card System" is not the same thing as "Card Game". There's no drawing of cards (game does that for you where applicable), just selecting one; It's simply a way of portraying the choices we're offering the player. By using the same visual system in numerous places, we make it easy to adapt to multiple new systems, and easy for us to handle.

I'm making an (almost) out-topic post.
I've got a question about ciV. friends of mine played cIV for a long time (only vanilla BTS), then went to ciV. then back to cIV. They liked many things... save that taking the capital induces a vassalisation (they didn't like 1h30 long games...too short for the civilization feel). will that still be true in the extension? and will that be true in E'iten ?

best regards.

as I understood their comments, when capturing the capital, the remainder of the civ disapear as an ennemy entity. (either the whole civ becomes a puppet state or something) So in game they either went directly to take the capital without even bothering with the surrounding cities and then the games is short. Or they try to play "fairer"... and then it becomes less fun as your crippling your strategy on purpose.

But maybe I've understood thing wrongly (but the conclusion is still that they went back to cIV due to "unfun even while culture/policies and 1upt is fun".)

as I understood their comments, when capturing the capital, the remainder of the civ disapear as an ennemy entity. (either the whole civ becomes a puppet state or something) So in game they either went directly to take the capital without even bothering with the surrounding cities and then the games is short. Or they try to play "fairer"... and then it becomes less fun as your crippling your strategy on purpose.

But maybe I've understood thing wrongly (but the conclusion is still that they went back to cIV due to "unfun even while culture/policies and 1upt is fun".)

I think you misunderstood. Capitals cannot be razed, so they must either be absorbed into the empire or made a puppet state; Puppet state status is handled on a city by city basis, so capturing the capital is no more damaging in Civ5 than in Civ4 (in other words, very much, but not an immediate end to war).

I believe what they're talking about is the Domination Victory condition; In Civ5, you are declared victorious if you capture all enemy capitals. Sounds like they're complaining about it being possible to blitz the enemy capitals and win that way; if so, the revised combat in the expansion should fix things. Battles are far more interesting, and I doubt you'd be able to blitz in fast enough without clearing a path.

My apologies, but I was curious if I might bother you for an update as to how things are going, or directions to any locations containing info on E'iten... greatly appreciated

well ... at this moment it is being waited for dll source - or that's at least the official excuse for not doing anything

thanks for the prompt reply; Rise from Erebus was one of my favorite games, I look forward to this new one greatly

Is this project still alive? It looked really cool, and there haven't been any enticing fantasy mods that I've seen for Civ 5 so far, so I've been very much looking forward to this.

Top Bottom