El-J 01 ~ Full Metal Jacket

It's up to each team how they manage the speed of the game.
We just have to decide on what level we're playing at.

El J had some concerns about playing at deity but I still think the NV team has the goods to crush the imperialists.

btw I was at both games Friday and Saturday. I think it's why we're winning today. :(

Micheal should of hit him harder.

Okeydoke ive ben playin on sid and i'm going neck and neck with them but as the south vietmanese.

Ive been playing NV and im finding it to be challenging at deity lvl since thats what El Justo suggested to us to play.keeping the viet cong happy is very challenging has anyone had this problem.?I have had to move the happiness slider all the way to 7.is it supposed to be this way.?

Ive been playing NV and im finding it to be challenging at deity lvl since thats what El Justo suggested to us to play.keeping the viet cong happy is very challenging has anyone had this problem.?I have had to move the happiness slider all the way to 7.is it supposed to be this way.?

it improves a lot after building a market, but i have the same problem.
luckely i have money enough for the people in the bases, because there you can't build markets :rolleyes:

I've captured my two first towns, and i'm trying to keep the pressure on the south. Ghotta hate the stupid airraids the SV do all the time :cry:

i should just :nuke: 'em :king:

I think the south might be esier.

I think the south might be esier.
Hopefully they have the same issues as the north as far as happiness goes or its going to be a long war.the south definetely has the advantage with all the bombing that goes on.it would be a huge advantage in multiplayer with humans at the controls. the AI could wreak havoc if it was smarter concerning bombing runs.

We are awaiting confirmation in our thread for 2 members (wolf and Tank Guy). I think we should try to start before the end of the weekend, unless members are still trying to download the file. Also, I think a higher difficulty level should be played than normal, as this is more of a war game and requires less growth and happiness.

I'd have preferred to play as the NVA, but the South Vietnamese are ok... :(

[Best John Wayne immitation]At least we got Bulldog on our side".
And Joker, several teachers of mine (very close friends), Charlie Sheen (forget what his name was in Platoon), and many others.

Captain Nim: "My home is in Hanoi. I go home too some day. But first, kill all stinkin' Cong."

Gonna have to skip my first turn. Tons of stuff going on. It's a Tet Offensive launched by Real Life :p

it's hard for me to say which file is harder - but i know i had a devil of a time keeping Charlie off my ass when i tested the SV file.

anyhow - i've gone back and forth in my head about which level to play at and Whomp has me convinced that we are indeed real men and that we should be playing at the high levels :banana: so what'll it be gentlemen? deity? please advise as i'd like to start the initial turnset tonight.

it's hard for me to say which file is harder - but i know i had a devil of a time keeping Charlie off my ass when i tested the SV file.

anyhow - i've gone back and forth in my head about which level to play at and Whomp has me convinced that we are indeed real men and that we should be playing at the high levels :banana: so what'll it be gentlemen? deity? please advise as i'd like to start the initial turnset tonight.

We're men too, unlike you commies. :p We'll do the hardest level.

We're men too, unlike you commies. :p We'll do the hardest level.

Let's level off with Uncle Ho's boys, difficulty level wise.

Also, can't get ahold of a Hi-Speed connection, and my internet cuts off after a certain length of time (so I can't download overnight). I tried downloading Dragonia that way, and came to find out that I only got half the file because I got disconnected.

That said, I am rather relegated to lurker status.​

The biggest lesson learned as the SV side was to make sure, then check again that once you have captured the VLs inside of South Vietnam that
you keep them occupied. Just leaving a unit beside the site will not do, you
must have it occupied. Just one turn un-occupied means several VC units will
be there next time you check :eek: . It can mean the difference of losing several of your cities or not if you leave a couple empty. Happy Hunting :D .

I am in the middle of wk18 now as the SV. I have captured 3 NV cities north
of the DMZ and 3 more of the VC cities. Counteratttacks have been weak but steady especially around the lost VC cities. Road networks have been
pulverized with just the area around Hanoi and Haiphong the only places with
much roads left. Just 2 more turns of bombing in NV, then I'm going to see what happens if I don't bomb NV for 10 turns before resuming 'Linebacker'.
More stuff later.

Are we allowed to look at the other teams forumn.

No not until you've finished the game. Although I'm not sure it makes a difference since we're not playing the same side. What does everyone else think? I'm ok with it.

So am I. It doesn't make any since.

What can the C130's do? I made 4 and couldn't figure out what to do with
them :blush: .

How often do the VC's 'pop up' in the VLs? Is it every 4 turns? :scan:

i see no reason why we can't view each other's threads...i mean, it won't affect the results :)

dg,
the c-130s are for med and heavy air transport (ie. the arty pieces and the M113s). the VC units are spawned every 3 turns in the SV file and every 4 in the NV file.

There are discussions going on in the NV thread about the conquest victory thing. Should they be moved to this thread?

Top Bottom