El-J 02 ~ Rise of the Iron Curtain

Pre-Turn
Nagpur is unhappy, MM a bit and employ scientists rather than 1 coin taxmen
this enables me to reduce science to 70% and our income is now -20gpt only
check why speed record is so important...ok now I get it

IT I get around 20-30 peace messages, more or less everyone is happy now I guess...no good

1.week31, 1950AD
Ahmadabad goes from uni to Heavy Industrial complex
reduce science to 60%

2.week33, 1950AD
get a couple more unis and a coal mine
science down to 50%, making 140gpt

IT Axial Flow is in. go for improved airframes in 3 at 60%

3. week35, 1950AD
we have a new engineer who is sent to Delhi, our cities grow so fast, every turn need to MM for scientists
recon a bit

4. week37, 1950AD
we get raw materials, grab them with an infantry in Delhi and station them there science to 50%

5. week37, 1950AD
we get another engineer, sceince down to 30%
return the raw material for some cash, next player could rush some stuff, we got 1500gold

airframes will be in next turn
I think we should go for some military build up after that and get Bagladesh (East Pakistan)

El J original said:
El Justo
Klyden -
Kraznaya -
ThERat - done
soul warrior - on deck
Tasslehoff - warming up
Tad Empire 0 o

agree on the military side.
i feel a bit nekid with no real military builds yet.

goals - get that wonder, build arms, stay out of war - for now.

i have it, and will play when i get home.

agree on the military side.
i feel a bit nekid with no real military builds yet.

goals - get that wonder, build arms, stay out of war - for now.

i have it, and will play when i get home.

IMHO, we don't want real military builds until centurions. We can get arty first, though.

it can't hurt to have a few of the shermans and/or amx-13s around in the meantime. i mean, they do have some utility (extra moves, blitz). of course, we need not build up large inventories of them. but if we can build a handful of them in one of our core shield producing cities then i'd be alright w/ that. i'd build the crappy tanks before i'd build a crappy apc (if that's worth anything).

Tasslehoff,
follow the readme in the install folder. AlanH has also been very helpful in the past for mac users that have had trouble DL'ing and installing our scenarios. so if all else fails, perhaps he could help. i know absolutely zero about apple stuff. sorry man :sad:

0- pre turn
had that error about the text files. moved the entire TCW stuff to the "conquest" instead of "Scenarios" place. fixed.

rush Calicut Civil Eng for 268g
rush Imphal Civil Eng for 298g
rush Kanpur Civil Eng for 128g
constable in Bangalore saves a turn on H.Ind.Complex
Mumbai gets a helmet, same thing happens.

IBT- nada

1- Week 41, 1950
get Imp.Airframes > Espionage (in 3 as is)
Kanpur - C.Eng > Indian Infantry
Calicut - C.Eng > Research lab.
Srinagar Coal mine > Uni
Imphal C.Eng > Indian Infantry
switch DELHI to Flight Airspeed (due in 3)
Nagpur gets a 380g rush on a C.Eng
lower sci 10%, Espionage still in 3, now @ +415gpt.
recon in arabia finds a T-34/85, HK is looking mighty fine too.

IBT - NADA

2- Week 43, 1950
Nagpur C.Eng > Indian Infantry
Colombo, even after a careful MM round, riots. fixit.

find an Israeli Sherman parked between Delhi and KApur.
rush Madras C.Eng for 128g.
rush Vishakhpantam??? Research lab for 356g.

IBT- the UK "wants" 55g. i comply.

3- Week 45, 1950
Madras C.Eng > M4 VA Sherman
Vishakhpantam R.Lab > M4 VA Sherman
rebase a Tempest to Colombo for a few looksees on the south.

drop sci to 0. espionage next turn, as well as AIRSPEED.
making 609gpt.
no lets hope the tech comes pre wonder.
i now remember to actually CHECK which techs we want.
Civil Eng + Short Range missiles (mech agri, we can do later)

IBT- nada

4- Week 47, 1950
Espionage in, set auto science to C.Eng > Short Range Balls.
we can now write and establish embassies? how quaint ;)

Ahmanabad H.IND.Complex > M4 VA Sherman
[party] we got the Airspeed Record.... quite ironic considering the renown of India's trains.
we get CIVIL ENGINEERING and Short Range Balls.
set sci to: JET AGE AIRCRAFT (@50%, due in 3, making 156gpt)
Delhi Airspeed > Uni
Mumbai Heavy Ind > Indian Infantry

we got 2 raw mats, returned to Delhi.
rush Calcutta C.Eng for 356g.
rush Colombo Research Lab for 356g.

IBT - nada

5- Week 49, 1950
Culcutta C.Eng > M4 VA Sherman
Colombo R.Lab > Port Facility (those extra shields in the water. yumm)
Bangalore H.IND. > Universal Carrier (Export)
Srinagar Uni > Radio
Calicut R.Lab gets rushed for 284g.

THE PEOPLE WANT TO BUILD THE AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY. maybe we should?

MM for beakers, cut a turn off, get to +246gpt.

I leave alone the INFANTRY BUILDS, as we might want to change to shermans?
make sure to go through the cities. i might have missed something "happy-wise"

Attachments

• Jawaharlal_Week49_1950 AD.SAV
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
it can't hurt to have a few of the shermans and/or amx-13s around in the meantime. i mean, they do have some utility (extra moves, blitz). of course, we need not build up large inventories of them. but if we can build a handful of them in one of our core shield producing cities then i'd be alright w/ that. i'd build the crappy tanks before i'd build a crappy apc (if that's worth anything).
that is what i had in mind.
just a few (say 5-10), we have now 3-4 cities building shermans,
and i have ONE building a UNIVERSAL CARRIER.
i thought the grunts could use the extra defense.

another note, there is a MiniStack of 6 C.Engineers south of Delhi.
id keep them there for delhi fixin' duty.
but we definitely need about 25 more.
rush them babies OUT!!!!

"Short Range Balls" :lol: :lol:

well done, bro :thumbsup: those two (2) free techs will really help us keep pace.

agreed on the shermans. nicely done. Kraz brought up a good point, too, about the arty pieces. they're good to have imo b/c they give us that return fire bonus when dug in. plus, they're quality arty pieces (25 pounder) that we could conceivably use in any offensives down the road.

El Justo
Klyden -
Kraznaya -
ThERat -
soul warrior - done
Tasslehoff - on deck
Tad Empire 0 o - warming up

Artillery is good and the 25 pounders are one of the best early pieces in the game. We will need several to reduce the cities we plan on taking. Tanks against full strength infantry usually = dead tank, especially AMX or Shermans.

I also agree that we need to look at cranking on some infantry as they can help for the attack, will be needed for defense in the west and will need to garrison our newly captured cities. As a bonus, infantry does not harm the economy.

I would consider dropping the Auto Industry minor in the capital for increased shield production. While vet infantry is nice, vet tanks in a good amount of time is better. :D

Honestly, I would not bother with the APC's at this point. Not worth the shields and they cost support.

~ Extract/decompress the large folder named "TCW Fifties". Choose a destination for it. You can put the files in either Civilization III/Conquests/Conquests or Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios. Once this is done and you've unzipped/extracted/decompressed this large file, you need to make sure that there's no 'folder within a folder' issue that often happens upon extraction.

Check. No folder-within-a-folder.

~ Extract/decompress the smaller folder with the biq file(s). Choose a destination for it but make sure that it's the same directory that you put that large TCW Fifties in. Unzip/decompress/extract the folder and then "cut" the biq file(s) that you want to play with and "paste" it/them into the same directory that the large TCW Fifties is located.

Check, although it shouldn't affect my loading another save.

~ Installing this new version entails one more extra step than what you're used to. By this I mean that you have to use the Text folder that corresponds with the biq file that you're playing with. Once you've figured which .biq file you're going to use, find the matching Text folder in the following directory: Civilization III/Conquests/Conquests/TCW Fifties

~ Right-click on the folder you need to use and click "Rename". Simply remove the capitalized suffix. The folder should be named "Text" and that's it. There will be two (2) other Text folders left over. But, as you'll see, they are for the two other .biq files.

Check. Interesting note, however. When I get an error, it says the missing pediaIcon should be in

Civilization 3 Complete/Conquest Game Data/Text/PediaIcons, not Civilization 3 Complete/Conquest Game Data/Conquests/TCW Fifties/Text/PediaIcons. Unless if it's fixed tonight, I'm gone for the next five days. Skip me until then.

EDIT:I tried re-downloading. Still no luck.

Lurkers Comment: Looking good so far :goodjob:

Hope to see some screenies when things get interesting.

---------------------------------------------------

@Tasslehoff: I also have Civ 3 Complete.

BEFORE: In the picture is the exact path, and what things should look like before you alter the "Text" file:

AFTER: Now, I believe that India is not aligned, so right click the "Text NON ALIGNED" folder and click "Rename". Then just delete the "NON ALIGNED" and things should work fine. To play as any of the NATO or Warsaw Pact nations, you need to change the "Text" folder you altered back, and alter either the "RED" or "BLUE" in the same way.

Hope this helps. To be honest, I was having some troubles with it also, El Justo can be pretty tricky.... :mischief:

Tasslehoff,
your directories look right. i mean, they're almost identical to the windows version and you seem to have all of the files in the right place. perhaps you could try it from the Scenarios directory instead of the Conquests? by this i mean to 'cut' the large TCW Fifties folder in that 3rd column there and 'paste' it into the Scenarios folder there in the 2nd column. then 'cut' the NON-ALLIGNED biq file and paste it there, too. start the scenario via the Civ-Content tab on the title screen. also, please refresh - did you get an error message?

lurker's comment: If problems persist, reinstall World of Warcraft the scenario.

Week 51 1950
Delhi builds a Uni --> Sherman

Calicut builds some city imp (?) --> Heavy Industrial Complex

set a few civil eng's to build more highways
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IBT

nada

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 1 1951
we learn Jet Age Aircraft Carriers - i set it to Adv Diesel-Electric Engines in 3

gold income - 1200 and some @ 245/turn

Colombo riots, Calict, too -- i MM them some and add some clowns

Coal Mine in Mumbai pops some coal :)

recon some over the Indian Ocean and over Indochina

Israelis send some Jumbo Shermans though northern India.

i spot a reserve infantry unit guarding Rangpur in East Pakistan...and then decide to do a spy mission there to see what type of garrison they've got: the one and only reserve infantry! easy pickins' if or when we decide to spar with our Pakistani neighbors (soon but not yet imho)

they were building an M-8 Greyhound armored car/apc in 14 turns -- 11 shields/turn; a VP spot is here though
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
IBT

nuthin'

Week 3 1951
Nagpur riots, Ahmadabad and Sringar, too. i MM some clowns and both calm down on the next turn

Colombo and Calicut settle down also

i send a few civil eng's to build a road to the lone Aluminum resource. we can now build new air units :) the Spitfire Mk V :cool:

build some more highways
IBT

:sleep:

Week 5 1951
Sringar calms down and builds Radio Station --> 25 Pounder

Kanpur pops a Petro raw material

VP race:
US 2990
UK 2590
WP 2385
China 2356
France 2245
India 1824

my guess is that the US and UK have tangled w/ Ivan and seized some VPs.
IBT

:sleep:

Week 7 1951
we learn Adv Diesel-Electric Engines --> set it for Mechanized Mining in 3 turns

Nagpur builds infantry --> Coal Mine

Kanpur built an infantry, too --> Heavy Ind Complex

send one of the new infantry to guard our single source of Aluminum

build some more highways

and the obligatory screenie :D of our heaviest gunned sea unit

use the CivP to find out all kinds of specs!

Attachments

• Jawaharlal Nehru of the Indians, Week 7, 1951 AD.SAV
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
lurker's comment: There's a strange correlation between the victory point leaders and the first real-world nations to develop nukes...

Why lurker no get to see screenie of game? (the Civilopedia doesn't count!!! :p)

Top Bottom