El-J 03 ~ Going Rogue, AoI Style

Good show Adler! I presume we're going domination at this point?

I'll check back after opening the save.

Didn't have much time to play tonight but I looked at the save. We are currently at 45% population and land area. We're really, really bogged down in Africa and it appears we'll be busy in South America for awhile so it seems to me we need to finish with a domination win. Would taking Scandanavia, Balkans, Africa and South America do it?

That was the right decision. We never really finalized a decision on whether to go domination or simply finish in England.

In a SG, decisions are discussed as a group and a consensus determines the course of action. Unfortunately, it appears the decision was sealed when cubsfan decided to land on Africa. That's not how SGs are played but maybe he wasn't aware of that.

Anyhow, I will work on finishing off Scandanavia and the Balkans, work on South America and fend off the intruders in Africa.

I'm going to focus on Africa first and might move some Corps over by transport from Europe if possible. I don't think we're at risk in Europe so wiping out the Brits in our territory will be a priority.

RL has been pretty busy the last couple of days and so far this turn has taken a fair amount of time. Here's an update and more coming the next couple of days.

Pre-turn: Start by loading artillery and delivering to Africa. It's desperately needed.
So we have roads to Diibouti we start by wiping out Awada and the Abyssinians have been eliminated.

Hammer the British Cavalry from all sorts of bombardment.
Move in the cavalry so their injured cavalry can't retreat. Absolutely hammer them and get another leader who forms Diibouti Force Recon.

Give some Somali Pirates a little yen to investigate some British cities to see what they have. They are lightly defended.

Time for a counteroffensive!!!

Start with Hurdiyo and three corps have no problems taking the city. Three more corps and a cav who promotes elite finish off Mogadishu. We still have three Corps left so no need to try for Nairobi so we'll leave the remaining Corps in the cities within attacking distance for the 40 or so British infantry. The objective is to get them to move to the low ground so we can take better aim at them.

To the South American theater:
Take Quito with no losses.
Do some spying...but forgot the picture of Medellin which is lightly defended.

Hammer Bogota but still lose a fully healthy old infantry Corps. Dang...
The capital falls and Medellin drops easily.

Bogota will go next turn...

TBC

Looks good so far! Farewell to the good old Corps -- our boys served us well and showed samurai spirit to the bitter end!

I'll have an update later. Things have gone well with that stack of Brits wiped out and they provided us another 5 Corps. Hope to have all the turns in by tomorrow.

Continuation...it's was hard getting in the turns so I only did 3...

Scandanavian theater
Move to Scandanavia and do some spying.

Decide to take the capital and do so without any losses.
Won't be able to take Trondheim as it appears to be well fortified. Take Oslo and will finish off Trondheim and K

IT
Trondheim drops 8 chlorine bombs on our troops and then coming asking for peace. They'll pay for trying to gas us.
Brazilians attack us at Bogota and fail miserably.

The Brits attempt to put together a cavalry offensive at the Wadi Halfa/Kharthoum front as well as Cairo. They retreat their infantry from the hills of Addis Ababa towards the plains of Nairobi. The Queen will be very disappointed with the results of these manuevers as will likely end in complete annhilation.

2- Week 45, 1909
African theater
The British Colonial infantry is the first order of business. They are trying to get back to Nairobi since they were cut off from taking the high ground around Addis Ababa. Shatter their will with massive bombardent from our howitzers. Send over more Howitzers, Geb batteries and lay more fire on them. Start our infantry against their infantry. We'll want our cavalry for their cavalry so they can't retreat and our superior attack ability.

Completely decimate their retreating colonial infantry and garner 5 new Corps created and 5 vet infantry promoting to elite status. We lose one 4/8 elite unit by being a little greedy but still try two elite colonial rifles against a random conscript and regular British Sentry Brigades but no dice.

Cavalry counterattack
Lose 2 cav and reg infantry but promote 3 regs and 2 vet infantry.

Spy on three more African cities.

Our counteroffensive is in full force as we take Nairobi, Mombasa and the wedge Kampala.

Hammer some zeppelins that are annoying our people in Malta.

Russia's last stand.
While taking out the Russians we get another Corps and this message.

Scandanavian theater
Take out Trondheim and Kalmar which give stiff resistance by knocking out one Corps but take both cities.

South American theater
New Granada has been wiped out.

Try planting a spy in New Granada and Chile but fail. Still investigate Lima and Georgetown. Plant a spy in Brazil and investigate Manaus and also check out Spanish San Juan and British Paramaribo.

Notice we'll have to come back to La Plata since we have peace for 11 more turns. The others are a possibility so I send our transports and captial ships towards San Juan and a contingent of artillery and units towards inland Manaus. This force can work its way through Brazil and will eventually be ready for the rest of the continent as we're have peace with La Plata (11 turns), Argentina (11 turns) and we're at war with Brazil, Uruguay and Central America.

We also have 10 more turns of peace with the Balcans.

Austrian theater[/b]
Knock out a few Austrian stragglers with a purely defensive posture here.

IT A large contingent of British Cavalry shows up next to Khartoum again. (stack of 20, 3 and a few randoms) They're coming from Abeche since the road through Kampala has been cut off. Not quite their best route since there's no roads.

The Balcans declare on the Austrians and the Germans declare on the Balcans. This may need to be watched and it's likely we'll get less Austrian stragglers. The Germans cancel our ROP.

The Central Americans declare on us

Set research to Battle Crusiers III

3-Week 49, 1909
Finish rails to Scandanavia so we can redeploy the units there. Move healthy cavalry, elite and Corps units to Odessa and Baku waiting for further orders. Unhealthy Corps take the long train to Port Arthur where they'll be transported to Shanghai for some respite. The harbors of Jeddah, Aden and Antalya wait for further orders regarding the African front.

Dial up the envoys from Germany and Ottoman Empires and ask them to move their troops. They both comply.

South American theater
Start with amphibious landings at Central American Wilemstad along with the capital Tegucigalpa and Spanish San Juan (hill). Massive shelling occurs at all three and the islands will have redlined defenders. We should have enough naval might to do the same at heavily defended Tegucigalpa next turn.

I was planning to transports the Wilemstad forces into Tegucigalpa if they're needed for Guatemala or sent back to Panama for further assignment.

Our interior forces are at the gates of Brazilian Manaus.

The San Juan forces can be transported to Santiago de Cuba.

African theater[/b]
Start by bombarding the invading British Cavalry at Khartoum. (for the next player the used howitzers are fortified in Khartoum).
Start the onslaught with elites on the continent. Get a leader on the third attack from one of our cavalry units.
Ship over 12 elite units from Antalya but none are successful getting a new leader. More elites and Corps are shipped over and still no leaders wiping out the remaining infitrators.

Move onto our offensive onslaught.
Stanleyville falls easily. Then Mwanza, Coquilaville, Port Franqui, Elizabethville and Bismarkburg close a rail loop.

On to Banqui, Kalomo, Broken Hill, Abercorn, Brazzaville and finish at Fort Archambault.

With all that destruction we only get 1 new Corps. We will be due next turn since all of our elites are in the South American and African theaters.

Austrian theater[/b]
Knock out 2 cavs.

We're at about 51% population and 49% land.

Summary
We're making good inroads in Africa and South America. I was using Baku (there are units there) to move units from north of the mountains to the south then moving them from the Middle East to Africa. There will be quite a few Corps ready for transport from Shanghai to the African front. I was stacking units and artillery. This helps quite a bit to see what's available to hit a city on the same turn. IE Gebs for cities that required longer distances or hills with road and howitzers for flat land. Many of the units are fortified in African cities so you'll need to wake them all up.

In South America, we should be able to take 4 cities this turn and I'd keep working the interior of Brazil with artillery and the coastal cities with our Navy. I left a lot of raw materials near Constantinople, Shanghai and on the Japanese island.

Attachments

• Matsuhito of the Japanese, Wk 49 1909 AD.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 69
Looks like you have been really busy! Well done!

I believe Cubsfan is up next.

In taking all the cities in Africa there were quite a few British colonial infantry left in the field that I did not address that are within our borders now. They weren't a high priority since they would either attack a highly fortified city and wipe out their stack or just run around hopefully off high ground. I was more concerned with the damage roaming cavalry could do because of their extra movement and better offensive abilities.

:bump: We seem to have lost another team member. At this point, it appears we're down to Klyden, Tigranes, Adler and myself.

Roster:
cubsfan6506 -- MIA?
El-J -- MIA
eazyhasaids -- MIA
Klyden --UP
Tigranes --
Adler17 --
Whomp -- Just went
Maimonides -- MIA

Not sure on Eazy. He did play his set of turns last go around. Lets say Eazy is up and if he doesn't go, I will try to get to my turns this weekend.

Well, I've been lurking for quite a while.
I could take a few turns if you want to add me to the roster.

I'm close to Domination in my Ottoman Game, and have enjoyed AOI very much. It would take me a few days to work through my turnsets. What is the current time limit for turnsets?

Edit: My normal schedule would put me playing my turnset during the week.

Really sorry you guys I had a nasty computer virus, and was really busy so I didn't have time to get rid of it. I am still rather busy so if someone else would like to go I would appreciate it, but if I have to I can go this weekend.

Top Bottom