Elbow Room

Zaimejs

Emperor
A feature I would love to see is the concept of discovering new land and claiming it for your civ... like we have seen historically.

You plant your flag on a new continent or island, and other players can see the flag, and they have to ask you to settle there or DOW.

You could sell land (e.g. Napoleon selling the Louisianas to Jefferson). You can give it away and get diplo points.. or you can fight for it.

It would add some fun to exploring and some more dynamics of trade and bartering.

You could also use this type of system on your home continent... scouts could have charges to "stake a claim" on land that you want to settle. A flag is planted and other players see it and settle at their own risk. It wouldn't lock the land for you, but there would be diplomacy issues if it were just taken without permission.

I miss the Civ IV glowing growing borders.

What do you think?

I do think that colonial settlements should be somehow different than mainland settlements and there should be a sort of low-level war that lets you fight in the colonies but not the mainland, and also the AI should be more willing to buy and sell colonies.

Top Bottom