Elcano's Revenge Help!!!

Carl5872

Prince
I have been struggling to get this achievement for a long time now and need help.

Elcano's revenge reads:
Be the first player to circumnavigate the world after Ferdinand Magellan has been recruited by another player

I moved a ship to almost circumnavigate the world and kept checking when Magellan was taken off the available great person board. As soon as I noticed he was taken I finished off the exploration and triggered the circumnavigate historic moment, but the achievement did not unlock.

Does this mean that an AI circumnavigated it before I did after Magellan was taken?

Would it help if I circumnavigated the globe as soon as possible and then just let another player take Magellan?

I can't seem to get this achievement and would really appreciate any tips you guys have.

Did you get the points for the first circumnavigation? Imo the achievement seems to related to the worlds first circumnavigation. I don't have it myself and I never cared about it but that's how I read the text.

I don't think it said the first to circumnavigate, I think it just gave me points for doing it. I think you are right that it must be no one can circumnavigate the globe until another player takes Magellan. After a player takes him, you then have to be the first to circumnavigate it.

Does anyone know if there is a notification when a player circumnavigates for the first time in a game, or will it just be cross your fingers and hope no one else did already?

I guess you just have to hope for the best. Maybe you can start a game in the renaissance era (where Magellan appears) on a large sea map (alot of civs which might get him and its harder to circumnavigate on a huge map) to reduce the time others have to circumnavigate.

Top Bottom