[GS] Eleanor Livestream Discussion

Laurana Kanan

Don’t underestimate who I am.
Links to Youtube & Twitch livestreams located below advertisement. Questions for the Devs below that.

Youtube Stream:

Twitch Stream

Questions for the Devs:

Spoiler :

ChilFil: can you show of the changes to the other civs abilities for GS or are we gonna have to wait til release?
FiraxisGames: We've talked a little about the changes to the other civs. I think they'll be in the patch notes when we release next week

Arthellis: I want to ask...with the resources revamp ... can the resource be depleted ? for example coal.
FiraxisGames: Resources do not deplete

Hiya2527: Would It be possible to win a domination victory without taking a city by force?
FiraxisGames: Yes, you can win a victory by flipping capital loyalty

Arthellis: And, can I ask if there will be some "balancing notes" and.. where can i find them ?

(when they come out)
FiraxisGames: There should be extensive patch notes on release day

moramento22: Is there any chance that leaders from vanilla or from R&F will also be able to lead two civilizations in the future? For example I would like to see Victoria lead both England and Scotland, as she was the queen of whole of UK, not just England.
FiraxisGames: I suppose a modder could get Victoria to lead both

Renzouri: Can submerged tiles become polders?
FiraxisGames: Submerged tiles cannot be used as Polders, I believe

AgentCatbird: @FiraxisGames Why is the "win as Kristina" achievement named Take On Me? Is it a reference that went over my head or did whoever named them just mix up Sweden and Norway?

FiraxisGames: We had a limited window in which to make Nordic rock jokes and had to do the best we could, sorry

Cephme: do tiles ever change type due to climate change other than ice melting. For example does tundra turn to grassland if it gets too hot?
FiraxisGames: Tiles do not change from tundra to grassland; sea ice melting is as far as it goes

UnlimitedAlchemist: @FiraxisGames Any more benefits coming to help playing tall?
FiraxisGames: Several policies have been adjusted to help playing tall, and some governor advantages work well for tall

rdomico: Can you talk about any specific AI improvements that are included?
FiraxisGames: With every expansion and patch, we try to make changes to the AI. I don't have the details about how the changes get implemented in the back end

Renzouri: Does Eleanor speak different lines (English/French) depending on the country she's ruling?
FiraxisGames: Eleanor speaks Occitan

Last edited:
Moderator Action: closed until tomorrow

They're playing Scarborough Fair!

So how many cities will Carl conquer today? I'm guessing none, but we should guess how many cities will he flip today. I'm guessing 2.

Time to live stream

WOW it almost 2pm and we aren’t on page 3 already! Is nobody tuning in for this feed? Has the excitement died?

Around 3 streams ago Dennis Shirk saying Firaxis will talk about new modding tools in a future Dev stream. Well today is the last Dev stream before GS hits, I hope Firaxis stay true to their word.

I hope half the stream is England, half France.

Also I want a livestream where they play the two new scenaros! :)

Let's see if we can spot Chocolate Hills and Nazca :)

I remember when we all spent two hours watching a sea of white clouds float gently over a cityscape.

And now, here we are, on the verge of the final devstream.

Gentlemen, it's been a pleasure.
Yes, the announcement got me pretty hyped. Was a pleasure indeed. Although I have to admit that I‘m a bit de-hyped since I saw the YouTube videos.

I do love Scarborough Fair

Can someone ask the following questions on the live stream:
  1. Does Eleanor's ability stack from multiple cities? (we assume yes)
  2. Does it work with Relics?
  3. Does it work with Artifacts?
  4. Does it count distance from City Center, or location of Great Work?

EDIT: Updated with answers from Live Stream (thanks for asking)
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. City Center

Last edited:
Top Bottom