1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Eleanor Livestream Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Laurana Kanan, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

DevTalk == Modding too, i suppose.

2. Leathaface

Leathaface Warlord

It's going to be nice to get 2 extra streams. Ed VS Carl should be entertaining to watch assuming they got to war a fair bit.

ChocolateShake likes this.
  3. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

If it is a duel map, they should. I don't want to see them competing for a cultural victory... Although it might end up in a religious victory if it is well timed.

4. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Last chance.

nzcamel and Leathaface like this.
  5. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

Has Mexico City been confirmed as a CS already? I did notice it near the end when Carl scanned above Sweden.

6. Alexadamz

Alexadamz Chieftain

Then you win against your boss and lose your job. :p

Ivan Hunger likes this.
  7. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Ed vs. Carl on a duel map vying for a Diplo Victory :mischief:

8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Yes. It was observed a few weeks ago. Its suzerain bonus was confirmed as being Toronto's old bonus from 3rd party YouTube in the last week.

nzcamel and Phoenix1595 like this.
  9. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

All new city states have been confirmed, we just don't know the details of Nazca.

10. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

It seems like the loyalty from GW are just right. They are not so powerful as to flip cities by themselves but they do add that extra something that when combined with other loyalty attacks, will flip cities easier. And combined with the instant flip part, Court of Love is quite nice. I am really liking the Court of Love ability.

CPWimmer likes this.
  11. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

Not as big an update this time round, but everything from the live stream is now up on the Features Thread.... and now time for some sleep

12. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

I used to see it all the time when I used to play King. Usually just from certain civs. But sometimes it just depends on circumstances. In my current game on Emperor Indonesia took over China and Mongolia.

Assuming they had that top promotion. I know when I play the Ottomans I have no intention on using later promotions. The best promotions are the first 2. Keep in mind the AI always seems to recruit all the governors before going up the promotion tree. They are always the first to get all governors in my games.

Excellent stream, certainly better than last week's stream. I absolutely love the Hall of Fame. Though I'm not sure if I'm going to try to light everything up. May be doable if you play a bunch of online speed games. All my old saves now are usable. Though my ones with mods probably won't be.

nzcamel, ChocolateShake and DWilson like this.
  13. IvoryPavane

IvoryPavane Chieftain

Perhaps, but when Eleanor has set up shop next to you, you are gonna promote Ibrahim ASAP xD!

I dunno also, I really like his final promotion. It makes keeping cities you take with war much easier if you save the capital to last.

Though I don’t know and I don’t see a situation where I’ll be playing Ottomans so I’ll probably never find out! :)

14. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

I mean, given the number of great works they were pulling in in the stream, it wouldn't surprise me if they were less than 20 turns away from a culture victory anyways. But with it working on relics and artifacts too, you can definitely be pulling in some solid loyalty pressure by the middle ages, especially if you can line up the eras properly (I mean, as we saw, they were flipping cities with governors, while the target was in a golden age!)

15. Josephias

Josephias Chieftain

HoF is nice, but I'm missing the map replay (or at least some map pictures, maybe at age switch), and also the ability to name leaders. It's a nice touch they allow to recover old saves however,

nzcamel likes this.
  16. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

I take back what I said about Eleanor's ability being underwhelming. I wasn't expecting to see the Ottomans almost wiped off the map. And although it didn't affect Phoenicia's cities it pinned Dido's capital. She couldn't afford to move it if she wanted to.
    I was right about the Nobel Prize for Literature being a Bob Dylan reference :cooool:

nzcamel and ChocolateShake like this.
  17. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Sleep is overrated anyways. :D Though it's not too likely they will cover anything "new" in these streams, these are mostly for fun. Though there may be a couple nuggets of new information we are able to glean from these streams.

But that would be asking the AI to think like a human and plan ahead. There's no way that's happening any time soon. The AI governor use is poor at best. Every once in a while they are able to get Victor to a city being attacked, but that's about the best you can expect from the AI.

Now if it was me and I'm Ottomans and I start next to Eleanor, I'm still not going to promote Ibrahim. I'm just going to conquer her long before she gets enough great works.

Eleanor seemed very OP during the stream, but if you think about it, it's still less powerful than just building an army and taking those cities for yourself (though this way you don't take a diplomatic hit). This took a lot of planning and getting cities positioned in just the right spots. I would say it's somewhat balanced, it's still more difficult to achieve than just outright conquering. And this is unlikely to be viable at deity because great works are so hard to accumulate on deity. It's a fun thing to do. And actually seeing it in action makes me want to play Eleanor more. I think I will play both England and France with her.

18. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

Let's just hope the AI does not make the huge mistake of moving their capital and giving up a bunch of cities for no reason.

nzcamel likes this.
  19. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Agreed. Ed seemed to imply that the AI was actually taking this into account, but I have my doubts the AI actually takes this into account. I haven't seen the AI be that smart in my games. Did Dido even have any cities on other continents? I'm thinking she didn't move her capital because she really had no better place to move it.

20. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Remember that Dido's ability moves her Original Capital. So if someone were to capture it, those other cities would start flipping to Eleanor until Dido can complete the "move capital" project in one of them.