[GS] Eleanor Livestream Discussion

Agreed. Ed seemed to imply that the AI was actually taking this into account, but I have my doubts the AI actually takes this into account. I haven't seen the AI be that smart in my games. Did Dido even have any cities on other continents? I'm thinking she didn't move her capital because she really had no better place to move it.

The only evidence we saw for the existence of continents in that playthrough was the little bit about how the Shropshire Hills were formed at the start of the stream. It was undoubtedly a show off Eleanor piece rather than show off the new England for the most part.

Really enjoyed this stream. Eleanor looks very powerful! Can't wait to try playing her as France :)

Perhaps, but when Eleanor has set up shop next to you, you are gonna promote Ibrahim ASAP xD!

You'd probably have to hard code in responses to certain civs. It's not a bad idea, but not the most pressing need.

Really enjoyed this stream. Eleanor looks very powerful! Can't wait to try playing her as France :)

Very much so, I don't think shes a "top" leader but she certainly looks powerful if you fit your strategy to her ability.

The AI taking over another AI Civ on King difficulty? I hope the AI is really improved when going to war.
Hey, I just saw the Aztecs conquer all of Russia during the Medieval Era in my current R&F game

You'd probably have to hard code in responses to certain civs. It's not a bad idea, but not the most pressing need.

Indeed, I would have thought they would have had some very limited AI for their own Civ. like Dido always setting coast, Sule always promoting his Governor etc

No wonder Mali was swallowed then. He was probably still trying to build his scout when Kristina inhaled him with her magnificent snout

That is my biggest concern for Mali: while the gold will come flowing in later in the game, those crucial 20-30 turns at the start are important to grab all of the goodie huts and CS first meetings. I hope Mali isn’t hamstringed to the extent it can’t compete during the early game.

Half-watched the stream in the background at work; I think it looked really fun in the stream but in practice it still seems pretty gimmicky to set up. It’s an effective snowball ability once it gets going but it takes a lot of preparation to get rolling. Compared to just building an army and attacking like normal it’s a much slower conquest approach. However, it allows you to do so pacifistically, without causing everyone to hate you and without forcing you to spend too many hammers on military units. So there’s not much risk to it, you’re just getting cities for free without any real investment required, you can still just focus on science and culture as you please. And if nothing else, it’s a pretty fun and satisfying ability from an entertainment standpoint. I can imagine it being even better as France too so yeah, I like it ^^

That is my biggest concern for Mali: while the gold will come flowing in later in the game, those crucial 20-30 turns at the start are important to grab all of the goodie huts and CS first meetings. I hope Mali isn’t hamstringed to the extent it can’t compete during the early game.

Especially at the higher difficulty levels, I can just imagine there's going to be a game where I've barely build my first scout or slinger before the AI declares war on me with 6-7 warriors.

Half-watched the stream in the background at work; I think it looked really fun in the stream but in practice it still seems pretty gimmicky to set up. It’s an effective snowball ability once it gets going but it takes a lot of preparation to get rolling. Compared to just building an army and attacking like normal it’s a much slower conquest approach. However, it allows you to do so pacifistically, without causing everyone to hate you and without forcing you to spend too many hammers on military units. So there’s not much risk to it, you’re just getting cities for free without any real investment required, you can still just focus on science and culture as you please. And if nothing else, it’s a pretty fun and satisfying ability from an entertainment standpoint. I can imagine it being even better as France too so yeah, I like it ^^
And you can maintain those alliances for diplomatic victory points and trade route bonuses while doing so. As the AI likes commercial hubs in its cities, this could compound as well.

Inland Tyre.

Instant restart. Nope. Never. No. Not touching that.

They don't actually get a ton of coastal bonuses. Yeah, sucks to not get a Cothon in your capital, but as long as you have coast nearby to settle for your 2nd/3rd city, it might not be that bad. I would definitely go with an early government plaza in that case for the extra trade routes, and let your other cities build the Cothons.

Why all stay happy when that teenage blond flips cities one by one..? It should be penalised same as culture bombing. Where's that diplo modifier for sparkling borders from civ 4..? Seems boring and detached from reality more than anything in civ series.

Is it because she's hot..?;)

Why all stay happy when that teenage blond flips cities one by one..? It should be penalised same as culture bombing. Where's that diplo modifier for sparkling borders from civ 4..? Seems boring and detached from reality more than anything in civ series.

Is it because she's hot..?;)

She glittered as she entered, a vision of perfection that his eyes amplified. She was the glory of the aquitaine people, their beloved mistress. When she breathed, she made the crowds breathless. When she touched the cheek of a favored warrior, he went out and willingly fought dragons and more, even if it meant his certain destruction.

They don't actually get a ton of coastal bonuses. Yeah, sucks to not get a Cothon in your capital, but as long as you have coast nearby to settle for your 2nd/3rd city, it might not be that bad. I would definitely go with an early government plaza in that case for the extra trade routes, and let your other cities build the Cothons.

It's just terribly unfun. Like starting Indonesia in the middle of a huge continent.

Top Bottom