1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Eleanor of Aquitaine - France, or England? Or both...

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by nzcamel, Dec 18, 2018.

?

Which Civ will Eleanor lead?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2019.
  1. England

4.3%
  2. France

10.1%
  3. Both

85.5%
  1. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

The one who tried to seize the throne of England during the Anarchy. Henry II's mother. :p

nzcamel likes this.
  2. Piranga

Piranga Chieftain

I just don't see why they don't give us a fun, non default, option to select any leader with any civilization. Let us play the imbalanced and crazy combo's.

Having one leader switch between two civs is just a weak taste of this potential game option.

TheSpaceCowboy and Banazir864 like this.
  3. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Yes, yes lol. I've just been reading a book on all of Britain's queens and kings; and (as a light history buff - not a doctor in it!) it really is amazing how it is just like A Song of Ice n Fire; where you'll have four people closely related all running around with the same name. Not confusing at all :D

Zaarin likes this.
  4. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

For added effect, Stephen's enemy was Matilda, Stephen's wife was Matilda, and Stephen's aunt (and predecessor's wife) was Matilda.

5. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Exactly! :lol: Like a bunch of Walders lol

Zaarin and TahamiTsunami like this.
  6. Phrozen

Phrozen Chieftain

I believe she was in charge of the Italian parts of the HRE.

Zaarin likes this.
  7. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

She was highly invested in the troubadour movement of the time, so I could see “songs and poems in you honor” as a possibility. Also, as a noblewoman who spent many years imprisoned, she likely has a ton of embroidery to dump... er... gift away.

Zaarin and nzcamel like this.
  8. Aurelesk

Aurelesk Chieftain

That would be a great idea, but this need to modify some Civilization/Leader synergy. For example:
    • Arabia and Saladin: Saladin ability works only if he can secure a religion, thanks to The Last Prophet.
    • Maori and Kupe: Kupe ability is less effective if he don't have the Maori ability that allow to cross Ocean (selflock?) (the increase of Movement and CS of embarked units help too).
    • Nubia and Aminatore: If she lead an other civilization, she can't have the +40% Production because the Nubian Pyramid will not be accessible.
    • Poland and Jadwiga: She can't convert her neighbor with Culture Bomb if she doesn't have the Culture Bomb from Poland ability.

Some civilization abilities are too strong because the leader abilites is bad, like Nkisi. This ability allow to win a Tourism Victory really early. He can have 120 Tourism in the middle age with only 4 Great Writers thanks to:
    • +50% toward Great Writers points
    • Palace can hold 5 Writings (instead of 1) (and Amphitheatre have 2)
    • Reyna's Curator Title double the Tourism from Writings
    • Printing Press doubles the Tourism from Writings
    With 7 Writings with 16 Tourism each, that's 112 Tourism. You may enjoy more room with Apadana, Great Library, or the Bank from the great Marchant (Nkisi also give +50% towards Great Merchant). Put Qin Shi Huang and he will have his wonders, or Hojo Tokimune for faster Theater Square or have a religion!

But I want to try a game with Jadwiga leading the Khmer and try to have as much Relic that I can.

9. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

Or Jadwiga of Kongo for super-relics. 2 food, 2 production, 2 culture, 2 faith, and 8 gold bonus on relics! But yeah, Qin of Kongo would be crazy to secure some early wonders. Qin of France means you can wonder-spam the entire game. Pedro of Russia would have an absolutely insane amount of Writers, or even Pedro of Kongo to have double-great people bonuses. Or you get some fun ones - Laurier of Russia to actually make tundra useful again. Or Poundmaker of Poland or Persia to have even better trade routes. Frederick of Greece would have 2 free policy slots in every government. Corvinius of Sumer would be able to levy city-states at half price, upgrade them for free, get a bonus to them, and get a bonus.
    On the flip side, obviously Mvemba of anyone who wants religion would be bad. As would "duplicate" combos like Amanitore of the Aztecs (unless if the bonus stacked with the builder/district bonus). A lot of other ones would probably be sub-optimal.

10. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Or trobadors in her part of the country, rather, but it's pronounced the same. :p

11. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I wish I could go back and change my vote. My original theory was that the Leaker only saw a list of leaders and filled in the Civs on their own. But, when they saw Eleanor, they weren't sure if she would be for England or France, so they put down both.

But the more I think about it the more I realize that my theory doesn't hold up. Because, when the Leaker saw Dido, why wouldn't they just assume it was Carthage rather than Phoenicia?

12. TheSpaceCowboy

TheSpaceCowboy "Save a horse..."

I completely agree. I want to create some truly crazy combinations. This thread enumerates some of the possibilities.

Banazir864 likes this.
  13. Banazir864

Banazir864 Chieftain

I'd like to see that, coupled with the return of the ability to rename your leader and civilization. That way, we nonmodders who wanted to play as a civilization that wasn't in the game (and hadn't been created as a mod by someone else) could do so.

TheSpaceCowboy and nzcamel like this.